Payload

Ok I built my exact truck on GMC web site, 2019 Sierra 2500 HD Denali diesel and according to the web site payload in 3100lb.  If I look at my door sticker it says payload is 1900??  Why such a large difference?

34 minutes ago, mbsfgts said:

Ok I built my exact truck on GMC web site, 2019 Sierra 2500 HD Denali diesel and according to the web site payload in 3100lb.  If I look at my door sticker it says payload is 1900??  Why such a large difference?

When you build a truck on gmc’s website it takes into account cab size, bed size, 4 wheel vs 2 wheel drive and engine when calculating payload but doesn’t take into account and options above and beyond the standard features.  The Denali will definitely add around 1000lbs or so.  I was under the impression a fully loaded Denali was still in the 2100-2200 LB range but I guess you have something else that weighs a couple hundred pounds.

On ‎10‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 7:49 PM, mbsfgts said:

You have a 2019.  The forum section this post really belongs in is the 2015-2019 section as the 2019 HD are the OLD body style here: https://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/forum/174-2015-2019-chevy-silverado-gmc-sierra-hd/ 

That said...

What model year of the build and price are you using?  Does your truck have 18" or 20" wheels? 

The advertised payloads are given on the maximum possible payload on a certain cab and configuration.  Max possible payloads are calculated on the lowest trim level, or a certain trim level with zero additional options. 

The max possible payload of a 2019 Denali HD diesel 4x4 crew cab standard box is 2513lbs.  That would be on a zero option, 18" wheels truck.  As you start adding options, the payload will drop.  Not overly drastically, but you could see 100-200lbs loss.  HOWEVER...if you have 20" wheels, your payload will get hurt the most as the tire load rating is LESS than that on the 18" wheel.  The 20" tire is a 121 load index (3197lbs), the 18" a 124 load index (3597lbs).       

Edited by newdude

On 10/6/2019 at 7:49 PM, mbsfgts said:

8 hours ago, Basketcase said:

I have a full loaded (literally every single option) AT4 crew cab, which is exactly the same as a fully optioned Denali.. my door sticker says 3019lbs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP posted about a 2019 in the 2020 section. 

2020 HD's are entirely new frame / axles / cooling system -- and have significantly higher payload ratings.  

'Building' one as a 2020, and buying a 2019 would certainly explain the difference.  

For comparison, my 2018 2500 Dmax Denali is stickered as  2138lbs payload. 

I'm guessing, but don't know for sure, that my have different ratings depending on tires ordered.  Mine was ordered with the optional 18" Denali rims.  (these are the ones that are standard on 3500 denali)

How about my 1500?  4 fat adults, 300lb Heavy duty Topper, 40qt cooler...LOL that's all folks!  Oh. wait?  My luggage might make it on board...............but hey I get a plush ride you guys don't get!

On 10/9/2019 at 1:09 AM, mookdoc6 said:

How about my 1500?  4 fat adults, 300lb Heavy duty Topper, 40qt cooler...LOL that's all folks!  Oh. wait?  My luggage might make it on board...............but hey I get a plush ride you guys don't get!

But it will wallow in the corners, where the HD won't.

Trade-offs for everything....