okay here's the gig .. I have a 89 GMC Sierra 2 wheel drive and it's a 5 speed and I am trading out the engine from my 94 GMC Sierra it's an automatic .. how hard will it be to sync the computer from the auto to a manual transmittion in the swap?

So it is a V8 to V8 engine swap?

The engine itself if it's another 5.0/5.7 would just drop right in, the short block that is. Your 1989 truck may run slightly different accessories or throttle body but I'm not sure off the top of my head.

If all you are doing is swapping engine for engine, nothing else has to be done.

yeah just swapping the engines  ... they are both 4.3 litre V6 .. changing the wiring and computer just to keep everything on a even keel with them ... but the 89 is a 5 speed and the one I'm taking the engine out of is a 94 but it's an automatic .. wanna keep the 89 a 5 speed

Off hand I don't know that.

That's why I was kinda saying that the short block itself being the same engine would swap over. The other random parts like sensors or intake manifold or throttle body may need to be swapped over from your previous engine.

You should be able to move all the sensors off the 89 onto the 94 block. 

You will need to you the 89 ECM. While the Auto ECM would work in a manual (the transmission part would be inoperable) the 94 gets speed data from the transmission and the dash would have issues.

Keep the 89 stuff and swap everything off the 89 onto the 94 block.