In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

Sign in to follow this  
Toby Hoppe

1984 4x4 axle actuator

Do you have a locking hub problem?,jack up the front with hubs locked,spin tires,shaft should turn with the tire,if not,worn out hub or seized from old stiff grease

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By billum
      I have a weird problem with my transfer case wiring apparently. I couldn't get my transfer case motor back on and I had no lights on at the selector buttons. So i took my fuse panel apart and flipped it over and was looking at the underneath. Didn't really see anything wrong and left it flipped up.  I turned the key on with the t-case motor plugged in and heard it working. So I got under and the motor went right on without any problem at all. So I thought ah ha got it and put it all back together. Guess what now my lights are off again and nothing works again and both fuses are good SOOOOOO?. What the heck do I do now other than drag it out into the yard and torch it because this has been a nightmare of a problem from the start. Everything has been replaced because this said it was that and so on. I am truly ready to burn this P.O.S. HELP. 2000 Chevy Silverado.
    • By ForeverRockin19
      I have a 1999 GMC Sierra 1500 SLT 4x4 5.3L, and I'm having some issues getting a new transfer case motor installed. 

A little back story, the truck has been stuck in 4WD for a while now. The selector switch didn't work, and none of the indicator lights would work. I checked fuses, checked wires, changed the selector switch, changed the TCCM, nothing fixed it. Last night I got a new transfer case motor, and now all the lights work and I can gear the motor spin when I select the buttons. 

Now the current problem. I can't seem to get the male end of the shaft to line up with the female end on the motor. I've put the truck in neutral and manually turned the shaft, I've plugged the motor in and put it in every gear, and it just doesn't seem to want to slide on. Am I doing something wrong? Is there an easier way to do this? How do I get this sucker on?

On a side note, I also noticed the new motor doesn't shift to 4HI or neutral. It'll shift to Auto, 2HI, and 4LO just fine, but when it goes to 4Hi, I hear the motor spin, but then it'll revert back to whatever it was in before. And it just won't shift to neutral at all. When I hit 2HI and 4LO and hold it, it just shifts to one or the other. Is this a related issue? Or will that change once the thing is fully installed?
    • By Top
      I just got my first GMC truck. It's this beautiful 1981 K2500 Sierra Grande. We bought it and picked it up for the buyer. I carefully drove it up on the trailer but my spotter didn't notice my aluminum transfer case didn't clear the trailer by about a half inch. Soon I heard a thud and my heart sunk. I backed up to discover a puddle of transmission fluid. We used a come along and got it loaded and the hole covered. Got it unloaded and pushed halfway into my driveway. I cleaned it up pretty good with brake wash and it looks like only the housing is damaged. The trucks heavy. I need to push it another 50 yards to it's new resting place all semi steep uphill. Can I drive it that 50 yards? What would happen? Please elaborate! Thanks!
    • By Alex Martin
      Hey guys, i posted a while back about this problem and did everything i was asked to see if i could fix it. Im not in a much better place with way more tools and a lift so hopefully i can finally fix it. I have a 2005 gmc yukon slt with 4wd. It is having a weird problem where it gets stuck in 4 wheel high. The only time it can get out of it is the second i start the car it will change when pressed but about 15-20 min later it will go back into 4 high. It has even tire wear (all about 10/32nds) it does have the "service 4 wheel drive " message and an abs light but no scan tool i have used has given me a conclusive answer. Do any of you have ideas on what it could be or a quick way to keep it in 2wd? Im scared taking the front drive shaft out could just cause problems.
    • By Alex Martin
      Hey guys, i posted a while back about this problem and did everything i was asked to see if i could fix it. Im not in a much better place with way more tools and a lift so hopefully i can finally fix it. I have a 2005 gmc yukon slt with 4wd. It is having a weird problem where it gets stuck in 4 wheel high. The only time it can get out of it is the second i start the car it will change when pressed but about 15-20 min later it will go back into 4 high. It has even tire wear (all about 10/32nds) it does have the "service 4 wheel drive " message and an abs light but no scan tool i have used has given me a conclusive answer. Do any of you have ideas on what it could be or a quick way to keep it in 2wd? Im scared taking the front drive shaft out could just cause problems.