Ignition Wire Tap

If you have a heated steering wheel, that circuit in the passenger side dash fuse block is ignition and relay controlled. A piggyback fuse tap holding the original fuse and a second fuse feeding a pigtail  be used as an ignition controlled circuit. I use it for a self dimming mirror.

Someone also mentioned they managed to tap into this source, which is an ignition source as well. Passenger side fuse box. I’m just curious which would be best route. I also heard about the heated steering wheel fuse tap but am unsure if I need a 5 or 7.5 fuse to supplement the in-line. I really appreciate all the responses and feedback on this confusion I’m having. 0abc392cfcf28d1b4355d99f87b1d77d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
I know this is a little bit of an older post.... but I used the open "blade" next to the large 50a fuse.  This is working perfectly for me to power a dash cam and gps.  
631768AD-2A42-4D15-ABA0-6FC1A58AC1B2.thumb.jpeg.f8486539fdd91fe5cdfaaaab129cdc9a.jpeg

Is there anywhere under the hood to tap into the ignition power? Its for a airlift wireless one compressor which has 12v constant also so i dont think it requires much current.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 7 months later...

Under the hood is preferred, especially if you're drawing more amps. Does anyone have any info on where to tap under the hood?

EDIT: Disregard, looks like spot 40 "MISC IGNITION" under the hood is where to go:

Edited by nichos