Factory flaw?

I was at my dealer today getting service and decided to check out leasing options. This truck was on the showroom floor. It has about 3K miles due to it being a loaner truck. I pointed out to the salesman that it is missing the Sierra on the door as well as the black plastic trim on the bottom bed corner. Only reason i noticed the bed is because there are 2 slots there where the trim piece goes. The passenger side was ok. Maybe they robbed these from the loaner due to the parts shortage? 

20904358168x640.jpg

20904358769x640.jpg

1 hour ago, sethro274 said:

It was probably damaged and repaired. They just forgot to add those back on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very good possibility - definitely ask if it has been to the body shop....ever.  

Loaners? Drive 'em like you stole 'em!  3K on a loaner is half a lifetime on a family vehicle. Short term use with drivers too numerous to count driven by pi$$ed off owners denied use of their own vehicle and so they kick the living crap out of it during its critical break-in period. Guilty as charged!

And maybe one or of the many enthusiastic drivers was giving it their own handling and endurance tests, clipped a pole and damaged a door......sent to a "we work as cheap as dirt" body shop who saved $50 bucks on the emblem and removed it from the opposite door to match (and to glue on future casualties). Instead of concentration on the obvious,  I'd worry more about what is not readily visible.

• Sad 1