country music

flyingfool

I enjoy country music and question the sincerity of anyone who doesn't!  It is quite a diverse genre and has something for everyone.   Who hasn't worn a white sports coat c/w a pink carnation to the dance?   Speaking of the dance,  I've recorded and watched much of Garth Brooks week on A&E.  He is great musician , performer and my current all time favourite!

This is probably one of my favorite songs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 12/8/2019 at 7:55 AM, Donstar said:

I enjoy country music and question the sincerity of anyone who doesn't!  It is quite a diverse genre and has something for everyone.   Who hasn't worn a white sports coat c/w a pink carnation to the dance?   Speaking of the dance,  I've recorded and watched much of Garth Brooks week on A&E.  He is great musician , performer and my current all time favourite!

Used to listen to him a lot when I was young. 

On 12/8/2019 at 9:37 AM, KARNUT said:

My Album, CD, IPod, Pandora collection covers everything from AC/DC, LED Zeppelin, anything Motown, a little rap to Willy and the boys. My favorite country is George Strait. Just depends on my mood. Or what I’m driving. My 92 truck bring out AC/DC. My Camry George Strait.

I have similar diversity of taste but I just couldn't get into George Strait. 

If you like outlaw country but cant take the new "country" which is essentially pop/trap music then check out Colter Wall, Sturgill Simpson, Tyler Childers, Dead South, John Moreland, Chris Stapelton, and my personal favourite Lost Dog Street Band.

But when it comes down to it I am a metalhead. From Metallica to In Flames to Infant Annihilator.   

20 hours ago, L86 All Terrain said:

If you like outlaw country but cant take the new "country" which is essentially pop/trap music then check out Colter Wall, Sturgill Simpson, Tyler Childers, Dead South, John Moreland, Chris Stapelton, and my personal favourite Lost Dog Street Band.

But when it comes down to it I am a metalhead. From Metallica to In Flames to Infant Annihilator.   

I tried listening to Dead South and found them really boring. 

These days I'm mostly into doom, as far as metal goes. 

• Like 1

My Album, CD, IPod, Pandora collection covers everything from AC/DC, LED Zeppelin, anything Motown, a little rap to Willy and the boys. My favorite country is George Strait. Just depends on my mood. Or what I’m driving. My 92 truck bring out AC/DC. My Camry George Strait.

I would’ve thought your Camry would’ve brought out more of Christmas melodies lol [emoji6]

Sent from Above
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 1 year later...

I see there's a lot of hate for today's country, yet under the same breath people are saying they like Kenny Chesney and Chris Stapleton.  I find this ironic because both of those artists are part of today's country.  Listen to American Kids by Kenny Chesney and tell me how that isn't part of the same country pop you hate.  Personally, I not only enjoy the song, but a lot of the music that people consider country pop.  If it has a good beat, or there's some good instrumentals, I'm going to enjoy it.  I love listening to a 6-string.

Btw, it's it me, or is Kenny Chesney's American Kids a sequel to John Mellencamp's Pink Houses?  Both of these songs I enjoy. 

But, if you held a gun to my head and told me to pick a modern country band to listen to for the rest of my life, I'd have to go with Old Dominion.  They have a lot of great songs, and have written a lot of great songs for other artists.  One of my best concert experiences ever was at the Patriotic Festival in Virginia Beach, VA when Old Dominion played.  Sun was setting, storm clouds threatening, lightening out in the distance, and my son and I enjoying the concert of his choice.  The song I love to sing in my car the most is One Man Band.  You'll never convince me this isn't a true country song an old timer wouldn't enjoy.