country music

flyingfool

• 2 weeks later...

Hank I-II-III, Patsy Cline, Marty Robbins, Merle Haggard, Willie & Waylon, Dwight Yoakum, Brooks & Dunn, Kenny Chesney, Garth Brooks, Alan Jackson, Toby Keith, Shania Twain, Sara Evans, etc.  Can't much stand the new 'country music' that is rap music wearing a cowboy hat.    

Edited by MaverickZ71
  • Like 6

• 2 weeks later...

I have listened to classic country music from the 70's through late 90's the majority of my life. Listening to The Kentucky Headhunters, Sawyer Brown, Joe Diffie, Chris LeDoux, Travis Tritt, John Anderson, Aaron Tippin Marty Stewart, Clint Black, Mark Chesnutt, The Tractors, Confederate Railroad, and so many others bring back memories of growing up on the farm.   

Currently I have been listing to music from artist that remind me of those "good ol days" like Creed Fisher, Frank Foster, Granger Smith, Cody Jinks, Chris Stapleton, etc.  Most of these folks are not played on today's country radio but they are what I consider traditional or classic country music rather than the pop country snap track garbage the FM stations play.  Maybe you folks will enjoy the links below in your trucks.

I do listen to a lot of up and coming music out of Nashville plus a few other local folks. 

Growing up in Tennessee I have frequented my share of bon fires and honky tonks and had the privilege to see a handful of songs go from a local favorite to top 10 hits.   

Here is one from some local fellas that I feel may have potential.  They put a lot into this video and seem to have a good time on stage. 

• 3 weeks later...

I enjoy country music and question the sincerity of anyone who doesn't!  It is quite a diverse genre and has something for everyone.   Who hasn't worn a white sports coat c/w a pink carnation to the dance?   Speaking of the dance,  I've recorded and watched much of Garth Brooks week on A&E.  He is great musician , performer and my current all time favourite!

• Like 2

My Album, CD, IPod, Pandora collection covers everything from AC/DC, LED Zeppelin, anything Motown, a little rap to Willy and the boys. My favorite country is George Strait. Just depends on my mood. Or what I’m driving. My 92 truck bring out AC/DC. My Camry George Strait.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk