Performance upgrades for towing 2018 6.2

16 hours ago, dco111 said:

I sold my diesel. I have done suspension and brake upgrades.

Looking now to improve the motor towing aspects, dont want to whipple it, would of kept my diesel. Just looking to improve the towing. Thanks for the input.

Bolt ons and a tune for you then. Maybe water meth system? E85 would net you numbers, but if you're towing you would probably get 4mpg and run out of corn before the next county.  

I tow a travel trailer with mine about every other weekend when I'm camping with my family and don't even know its back there. I have Kooks long tube on mine and felt a big bottom end gain along with the Whipple.
Towing.thumb.jpg.6042fb0b9a0214171403dfe0d50e4462.jpg

Prob hard to notice back there when you make over 550hp and the thing weighs like 4000lbs [emoji23][emoji23]. I bet that is a fun truck [emoji106][emoji106]
  • Haha 1

I tow mine, 24ft box 27ft overall. 6k on the scales. Stock 6.2 not a max tow either.

I agree power isnt the issue at all. I know it's there, but I can also run cruise  control  at 2k rpm at 73 mph and get around 11 mpg with out much shifting.

20190801_141508.jpg

• Like 1

I know to stay away from the mail tunes. Whats the pros cons with the name/poplar tuners, say Black-bear, 5 star vs say a lesser or more regional tune like CJ and such?
They are not all bad. But at the very best only ok. And the better one have the owner doing the data log and setup and drive. So the ability to have issues is high. This is why there are so few people that do it.
The best is you buy a HPT and have a good shop tune it. Then you have the "key" to the tune for ever and the ability to scan,data, and tune when ever you wish. If ever a problem just log it and post the files on HPT with request for help or go to any good shop(hpt) and it can fixed. New upgrades just update the tune.
I have review can tune files and wasn't impressed.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk