plug or not to plug frame tubes?

i plan to keep this truck as long as possible(20+ years) and within a month of buying it new i had it undercoated with the wax/oil based stuff (no ziebart tar) and keeping ti clean as hell waxed and plastic protectant to keep it from getting faded. I will follow the book to the T when it says to replace stuff and change fluids (i change oil at around 20% life left)

anyways something i bought for it came with 4 caps that are supposed to plug the 2 tube crossmembers around the rear axle. Should i use them? One hand i see them keeping most of the water salt spray out of the tubes, other hand i see them trapping moisture in the tubes causing them to rust out worse than if they were open and allowed to dry out.

Thoughts?

There is a small hole on the bottom of the tube of the rear frame but I agree blocking them seems like it would cause moisture to stay trapped longer at least. Just put a hose (not pressure washer) to the tubes every once and a while to rinse any debris out.

• 1 month later...