1.5 inch leveling kit for a 2005 silverado 1500 4x4

Wanting to level 2005 silverado out. Would a 1.5 in leveling kit be the way to go? Any cheap, decent ones that you can recommend? Or would it be just as good cranking torsion bars to achieve this? Didn't know if there was any real benefit to a leveling kit vs torsion bars if I am just going to go with 1.5 in. 

3 hours ago, steveo2155 said:

Do leveling kits put less stress on cv joints/ball joints or are they going to wear out faster regardless if it’s a kit or torsion bars cranked? Just trying to level truck out easiest cheapest way

Yes, any time you do a level it puts more stress on components...But generally if you stay around 2" or less, it wont affect as much as the angles aren't that bad.

To go 1.5" just crank up the stock bars...no reason to replace keys for that amount of lift.... I got about 1 1/4" out of mine stock... others have gotten more, depends on how it cam from the factory... 4 complete turns on a torsion bar bolt = 1" of height

Its aesthetic or to fit bigger tires.  You will probably squat when carrying a heavy load since these trucks are designed to look level when towing or hauling.

Personally I don't care for it, but thats because I prefer to maintain stock appearance and stock performance.  

When you do it, Id be curious your thoughts on handling differences after the modifications are done.  For what its worth,  I think you are supposed to do a new alignment when you make torsion changes.    I need to actually raise mine to get back to the factory zheight specs :(

Aesthetic. I like the look of the silverado half tons better when they have a leveling kit. I don't mind the front a little lower than the rear but not as much as they are stock. That is why I figured a inch to an inch and a half with cranking the torsion bars should give me the look I am going for.