Procharger Install on 2018 6.2L

very rough beginnings on this.

1. if its your only vehicle "my case" be ready to borrow or rent a means of transportation meaning additional costs.
  2. do not purchase an additional PCM,ECU unless your a GM Tech or have GM Global capabilities. it wont work.

i thought buy another pcm have it reprogrammed to my VIN then i would have 2 and could send one in for unlock and tune which IMO is total bull for the cost of these kits 

14-16my gets a diablo tuner in which case you can edit, read DTC's, disable governor 

17my and up require license credits to unlock vin and retune that is included in your kit price. (minus shipping costs one way) ATI next day ships back to you at no cost. if your desire removing your speed limiter you will have to buy HP tuner $299 and 4 credits $200 or a protune

cost breakdown

1.  image.thumb.png.8d240ff3dde863f64dedd97b5d9a0b51.png
  2. image.thumb.png.7ea7439d24b4d0e5c61d48529a496355.png
  3. UPS nextday air shipping                                                                                                                                                            $98.00
  4. rental car                                                                                                                                                                                      $275.00
  5. spark plugs                                                                                                                                                                                     $80.00
  6. MSD 8.5mm wires                                                                                                                                                                       $130.00
  7. Total for procharger                                                                                                                                                                 $7,107.00
  8. Wilwood front and rear brake kit                                                                                                                                             $4500.00
  9. Total in project                                                                                                                                                                       $10,875.00

FUTURE ADDITIONS

1. HP TUNER MPVI2                                                                                                                                                                           $299.00
  2. CREDITS                                                                                                                                                                                           $200.00 TO DISABLE GOVERNOR
  3. HP TUNERS TCM UNLOCKED MODULE                                                                                                                                      $399.00
  4. OST DYNO SERVICES PCM AND TCM                                                                                                                                      $1,100.00
  5. TOTAL                                                                                                                                                                                           $1998.00

ALL IN                                                                                                                                                                                            $13,771.00

I will document and post any issues and progress

ISSUES:

HEAD UNIT REQUIRED RECLOCKING TO ELIMINATE HITTING THE SUB BRACKET

Add in a custom driveshaft if you plan on disabling the speed limiter. They can go BANG pretty easy depending on your FD ratio not much beyond the OEM limiter setting. Guys find this out the hard way with an 8 speed trans and then go and put 4.56 gears in it and send it. 

Yeah wish you would have said something earlier I could have helped you out on all that.
You can order the charger minus the diablo and you can order extra tcm or pcm with it already flashed to your vin. However that can be done with the HPT software. And as I always say it is the best tunning software.
As far as the down time on the custom tune there are simple ways around that also. I would have sent you a tune file. Then if there is a issue or to much boost you can bleed it off. The maf and fuel can still handle the base tune. But you have a truck to drive.
Hope it all works out for you. You will enjoy it when done.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

10 HRS. LATER THE PROCHARGER IS IN AND IN THE BREAKIN STAGE.

FEW CONCERNS I HAVE ARE ATI STATES THE SURGE VALVE IS NOT DIRECTIONAL BUT I FLIPPED IT EACH WAY AND FELT A NOTICEABLE DIFFERENCE I HAVE NOT INSTALLED ANY GAUGES YET BECAUSE I HAVE NOT FOUND A SET I LIKE THAT MATCHES THE GAY BLUE FROM 1985 OEM GM'S. MY 16 DENALI HAD RED ACCENT WHICH IMO WAS BADASS. SO WITHOUT GAUGES I CANNOT CONFIRM VAC LBS./BOOST READINGS ON HOW THE SURGE VALVE REACTS. I TOOK THE CUTOFF FROM SURGE TUBE AND INSTALLED ON THE EXIT OF VALVE INSTEAD OF FILTER, ALSO I REINSTALLED THE LOWER DIFFUSER PANEL CUTTING AROUND THE IC PIPING.

6OZ. IS OIL CAPACITY ON HEAD UNIT BUT WITH THE DRAIN LINE HOOKED TO THE LOWEST DRAIN PORT WOULDN'T THE OIL BED DOWN THE DRAIN TUBE AFTER SITTING AND GIVE DRY START CONDITIONS?20191124_185806_resized.thumb.jpg.d8212ba26ee1190c3e50e863565b5381.jpg

20191124_021745_resized.jpg

20191124_021759_resized.jpg

20191124_021825_resized.jpg

20191124_021859_resized.jpg

20191124_022753_resized.jpg

20191124_022055_resized.jpg

20191124_022110_resized.jpg

If you changed you map sensor your logs with HP tuner VCM scanner will log boost while you have the laptop hooked up to the truck.  If your running over 4lbs of boost I think it is you need to change your MAP sensor anyway.
You can run a stock map but it isn't a great idea. Best to get the 3bar and as said just change the value in tune. On this setup(supercharger)belt driven a boost gauge isn't so useful. The boost is set based on pulley size and in relation to rpm. You can see it in data if you want to know where you are but day to day not important.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, 1SLOW1500 said:

You can run a stock map but it isn't a great idea. Best to get the 3bar and as said just change the value in tune. On this setup(supercharger)belt driven a boost gauge isn't so useful. The boost is set based on pulley size and in relation to rpm. You can see it in data if you want to know where you are but day to day not important.

For my own knowledge what does the stock map read up to. 

One bar is equal to 14.7psi. But rule to swap to at least 2 bar in force Induction. We go right to 3 bar. And change the linear value. On the pro charger we see issues with the other map(inside the maf) causing issues in tune with the barometric readings. So there is what is called a break out. It removes the wires from maf and locates another map(stock) to atmosphere. Also if you do NOS or meth you need to also move the IAT at same time.

how prone are the worm drive clamps to blowing off. just readjusted belt last night and got into the throttle a bit on way to work this morning and blew the damn discharge from PC hard pipe off at rubber connector. made sure on the install all clamps were backed at the vroll of the piping just curious if this is an issue with others out there

how prone are the worm drive clamps to blowing off. just readjusted belt last night and got into the throttle a bit on way to work this morning and blew the damn discharge from PC hard pipe off at rubber connector. made sure on the install all clamps were backed at the vroll of the piping just curious if this is an issue with others out there
I hate worm clamps. They are for garden hoses only in my opinion. Get tube size in metric and order a package of t-clamps. Has a even pressure around the tube and spring loaded for even hold. Then I kill them. With a 1/4" air ratchet. Because they are cheap and I don't want them off anytime soon.
I have 14 of t-clamps and have replaced a few.