Keyless Entry Keypad

20 hours ago, Ryno12 said:

I finally got this programmed & installed. Not thrilled with the shape of it. It doesn’t look like the one pictured on GM’s website & it doesn’t quite look right on the truck, IMO.

It does work good & it has held up to touchless car washes & power washing though. We’ll see how long the battery holds up.

ca0e445e791fdfc5f103ff61022175bf.jpg

Having an angle like that  makes it look out of place, vs what they showed being straight.

Having an angle like that  makes it look out of place, vs what they showed being straight.

I agree, it does look out of place. Not sure if they kept the same part number & changed the shape or what, but mine matches the guy who posted a picture of theirs earlier in the thread. Left over old stock maybe?? It certainly doesn’t match the photo that GM has for the same part number.

You could set it more straight & inline with B pillar moulding but then the numbers would be angled.

6 minutes ago, AT4 HD Ron said:

They should have installed it so that the right edge of the keypad matched the angle of the right edge of the door i.e. consistent measurement from door edge to both top and bottom of keypad.  They just angled it too much.

The angle  would still looks out of place, the pillers are straight. The original post has straight keypad. This angle doesn't match our Trucks.

They should have installed it so that the right edge of the keypad matched the angle of the right edge of the door i.e. consistent measurement from door edge to both top and bottom of keypad.  They just angled it too much.

Right, I believe everyone is aware that they are universal. We’re talking about the angle that the keypad is designed at. Even in the pictures in the link you posted show what we’re talking about. It shows the new 2020 model & the previous model. The ones we’re all receiving are neither of those. If ours were straight like they’re shown in the 2020 pictures, that’d be great, but they’re not straight, they’re angled.

We can’t put ours on straight because then the numbers would be angled. See the difference?

8afbf13120b0003b421189df9251a987.jpg84a0ca42925d987d5dbb5bc6d52d973c.jpg

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 2/6/2020 at 8:06 AM, Ryno12 said:

Right, I believe everyone is aware that they are universal. We’re talking about the angle that the keypad is designed at. Even in the pictures in the link you posted show what we’re talking about. It shows the new 2020 model & the previous model. The ones we’re all receiving are neither of those. If ours were straight like they’re shown in the 2020 pictures, that’d be great, but they’re not straight, they’re angled.

We can’t put ours on straight because then the numbers would be angled. See the difference?

8afbf13120b0003b421189df9251a987.jpg84a0ca42925d987d5dbb5bc6d52d973c.jpg

Design of this one is better than the old ones. 

Wonder if this works for an 18 

• 4 months later...
On 8/7/2020 at 6:14 PM, Esther Baxter said:

Wondering if anyone can tell me if you can use remote start of the app when you have the keypad and leave the keys locked in the vehicle 

ford does and I like that feature.  

The OnStar app will not remote start if the keys are left in the vehicle.  However, once started you can lock your keys in your vehicle and it will stay running.  

I like the idea of it and the appearance is OK with me.  Can the battery be changed when it gets low or does the whole unit get pitched and replaced with a new one?

I like the idea of it and the appearance is OK with me.  Can the battery be changed when it gets low or does the whole unit get pitched and replaced with a new one?
The top pic from underneath looks like you can change it... not sure once it is installed... might have to put new 3m grey tape on it.....

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Good to know, thanks. I wasn’t aware that there was a time limit on how long it will idle, other than when remote starting. I’ve never had mine shut down on me but I don’t let it idle that long either. 5-10 minutes at the most.

I think it works off a sensor on the driver’s seat. I’ve sat in the car on idle on a work call for 1.5hrs using the truck’s WiFi in 100 degree weather for the video conference. Truck stayed on. But getting out of the truck whether the key is in or not, it shuts off.

I am able to lock my key in with the mobile app.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/3/2020 at 6:03 PM, Ryno12 said:

I finally got this programmed & installed. Not thrilled with the shape of it. It doesn’t look like the one pictured on GM’s website & it doesn’t quite look right on the truck, IMO.

It does work good & it has held up to touchless car washes & power washing though. We’ll see how long the battery holds up.

ca0e445e791fdfc5f103ff61022175bf.jpg

How do you change the battery in the keypad? Is it backlit?

Thanks for the info!

How do you change the battery in the keypad? Is it backlit?
Thanks for the info!

It is backlit. I don’t think that the battery is meant to be replaceable. The whole unit has to be replaced once the battery dies. Although where there’s a will, there’s a way. I’m sure it could be done.