Keyless Entry Keypad

Curious about this.

I leave my truck running often in the hot summer or cold winter as I bring my dog with me everywhere and he stays in my truck when I do site visits. I hate how the truck turns itself off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, bharris515 said:

Interested myself. I can't find any info on this online other than a GM-authority article. Does anyone know if this is wireless and just sticks on or how its installed?

I was keeping an eye on this device as well. This is copied from shopchevyparts.com

Designed for mounting above the door handle on the driver side, this keyless keypad can be placed on any blemish-free glass or painted surface on the vehicle. Forget the magnetic "hide-a-key" and use this Remote Keyless Keypad to unlock the doors securely.  Think digital "hide-a-key".

I have this.  I know you can lock the fob inside the truck with it, which is what I wanted. 

Not sure about keeping the truck running and wasn't even aware that the truck would shut itself off after some time.  I never let mine just idle for any amount of time.

It is a neat little device.  Dealer had to program it to the truck, then yes it just double-stick tapes wherever you want it on the truck.  It does seem a bit cheap and fragile so I do wonder about how long it will last, but so far so good.

I can snap a pic, but like Steve mentions, I have yet to mount it due to concerns about how it will hold up to the Ohio Winter.  I did consider inside the gas door, and that may / may not work as it looked to be a really tight fit.  My thought was to mount it in the area where the mirrors are mounted on the older trucks - keeps it hidden as I think it sticks out too much if you mount it on the B pillar.  I had a $100 accessories credit, so it only cost me $100 including dealer programming.  In hindsight, just not sure it was worth it as it looks to be disposable after 18 months - maybe I am wrong, but it just does not exude quality or resilience in my opinion!

Thanks for the input. I think on the door where the previous mirrors mounted would be the safest place. I'd be curious if you can install it and then run a bead of clear silicone sealant around the outside end of it to seal it to the door panel?

22 hours ago, AT4 HD Ron said:

I have this.  I know you can lock the fob inside the truck with it, which is what I wanted. 

Not sure about keeping the truck running and wasn't even aware that the truck would shut itself off after some time.  I never let mine just idle for any amount of time.

It is a neat little device.  Dealer had to program it to the truck, then yes it just double-stick tapes wherever you want it on the truck.  It does seem a bit cheap and fragile so I do wonder about how long it will last, but so far so good.

Can you actually lock the key inside? im scared that it might think the key is "near the door" and will unlock if someone tries the button. 

Where do you put the key? 

Yes, it is minimally backlit once you press a button.  There are five actual buttons - one in the section marked 1/2, one in the 3/4 section, etc.

You can lock the truck without putting your code in.  Inputting the code unlocks the driver door, you can press an additional button for it to unlock the other doors.  If you hold the buttons, it will fold/unfold the mirrors just like the fob does.

• Like 1