Keyless Entry Keypad

it's totally sealed up, no chance of intrusion assuming it doesn't get pried on or the housing/pad cracked..

that's the same 3M automotive adhesive that is used on your rear tailgate bowtie.

it'll hold up to car washes and harsh winters if the surface is cleaned properly first.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AT4 HD Ron said:

Yeah, I'm not really worried about it coming off.  I am more concerned with battery life and general longevity as I said it just seems really cheap.  I may be wrong...but it does only have a one year warranty.

I would assume it can be pried open and a battery replaced.

seems silly to have a thing like this that can run out of batteries then just sit there..

On 11/28/2019 at 9:22 PM, Coolade said:

Still wondering if this will allow the truck to run while key fob is left in vehicle and doors locked?  Gets very cold up here in ND and leaving truck running during the winter is a must.

have you read all the responses, someone earlier said they had it and it does allow that.

I never really could understand the "dont lock the key fob in the truck" thing..  (especially with proximity lock options)..

Edited by rbrjr1

Yes reread all responses, doesn't say anyone has tried it while truck is running to see if the truck shuts off after the predetermined time frame.  All that was confirmed is that it will lock the doors with fob inside.

Still wondering if this will allow the truck to run while key fob is left in vehicle and doors locked?  Gets very cold up here in ND and leaving truck running during the winter is a must.

With the truck off, I can lock the fob in the truck. With it running, all the doors except the drivers door would lock. If I take the fob with me, I can lock the doors while it’s running.
I noticed the truck can’t be remote started with the app & the fob left in the truck either.

Why would you want to lock the fob in the truck while it’s running?

29 minutes ago, Ryno12 said:

With the truck off, I can lock the fob in the truck. With it running, all the doors except the drivers door would lock. If I take the fob with me, I can lock the doors while it’s running.
I noticed the truck can’t be remote started with the app & the fob left in the truck either.

Why would you want to lock the fob in the truck while it’s running?

When it's 30 below outside and you go into the store or restaurant or hardware store or whatever, it's a must to leave the truck running.  Or say you're doing a hotshot out to a rig and you have to unload and you want your truck locked so the other rig pukes don't steal your stuff.  There are infinite situations where you would want your truck running longer than the 10-15 minutes allowed.

When it's 30 below outside and you go into the store or restaurant or hardware store or whatever, it's a must to leave the truck running.  Or say you're doing a hotshot out to a rig and you have to unload and you want your truck locked so the other rig pukes don't steal your stuff.  There are infinite situations where you would want your truck running longer than the 10-15 minutes allowed.

I totally agree about leaving it running but you asked about leaving the fob in the truck while it’s running. Why not just take the fob with you & lock the truck while it’s running. It’s a nonissue then.

4 minutes ago, Ryno12 said:

I totally agree about leaving it running but you asked about leaving the fob in the truck while it’s running. Why not just take the fob with you & lock the truck while it’s running. It’s a nonissue then.

If I'm not mistaken, i believe that the truck will, no doubt, shut off without the fob.

Nope. You can leave the truck locked & running without the fob in it. I do it all the time.

I do this all the time too while visiting job sites as my dog comes with me to work. In the summer heat and winter cold, I leave the truck running if needed for him. The truck with the fob in or out only runs for 15min or so and shuts itself off. It’s probably an anti idling thing, but it’s annoying. My last truck, I’d leave the keys in and lock the truck with the app on my phone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I do this all the time too while visiting job sites as my dog comes with me to work. In the summer heat and winter cold, I leave the truck running if needed for him. The truck with the fob in or out only runs for 15min or so and shuts itself off. It’s probably an anti idling thing, but it’s annoying. My last truck, I’d leave the keys in and lock the truck with the app on my phone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good to know, thanks. I wasn’t aware that there was a time limit on how long it will idle, other than when remote starting. I’ve never had mine shut down on me but I don’t let it idle that long either. 5-10 minutes at the most.

I've been known to shut if off, get out, lock with fob and then do a remote start while walking into store.

Doesn't solve the length of idle issue, but will keep heater running til the time-out.  Usually long enough for a quick stop. 

• 1 month later...

I finally got this programmed & installed. Not thrilled with the shape of it. It doesn’t look like the one pictured on GM’s website & it doesn’t quite look right on the truck, IMO.

It does work good & it has held up to touchless car washes & power washing though. We’ll see how long the battery holds up.

ca0e445e791fdfc5f103ff61022175bf.jpg

• Like 2