which truck ?

Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your new truck!  As already mentioned, GM produced both the old and the new designs in 2019.  The "old" 2019's were a limited production hence the LD.  When ordering aftermarket parts go with those intended for '18's.    GM ran both old and new in '99 and '07.

Edited by Donstar
  • Like 2

GM had to do something with all the leftover stock of discontinued '18 Silverado assemblies and recover costs of changing over for the T1 line.....simple solution is to market all remaining '18 production as a special model , a '19 LD.....sort of like painting black stripes on a white horse and selling it as a zebra.

Nothing new....they're also pulling the same crap with their discontinued '18 Impalas  being marketed as '19s (and really no different from the '17s)....and the discontinued leftover old gen '16 Malibus sold alongside the "new" 16 Malibus..

4 hours ago, Dunn said:

so when buying new 2019 silverados are legacy models cheaper than T1?.....given same trim level?

Yes, but not by much. The 'legacy' model is only available as a Double Cab and also only available in WT, Custom and LT trim. The LD model is out of production now, so whats out there on dealer lots is all that's left. 

5 hours ago, Dunn said:

so when buying new 2019 silverados are legacy models cheaper than T1?.....given same trim level?

Much cheaper. My dealer was selling them for around $34,000 CAD, a comparable 2019 LS spec truck was around $47,000msrp. The 2019 LD Custom are all the same trim level as far as I know. They had 7 of the LD Customs at my dealer and they all seemed to be in the LS trim and priced within a couple thousand of each other. I do not think you could buy a LTZ LD, but it may be different for you guys in the US. As Donstar stated, order 2018 parts for the K2 body style. This is why you see some year Chevy's and GMC's referred to as, for example, a 2007.5. This usually signifies that two body styles were produced that year and is common with the change over years, but more common in the 2500 and 3500 series trucks.