A.R.E Overland topper

I just got an ARE. Z-Series. It works well but Im not a huge fan of the appearance. Because of that slight dip on the back of the truck roof they they are not level with most of the cab. My 2013 with ARE topper is level with the whole roof and  looks better IMO. Still a quality product and I like all the protected space it provides. Now I tell my wife I love my truck from the inside out because she keep calling it a grampa truck! LOL 

Edited by Minnvmax

• 1 month later...

I ordered a ARE Z2 series 12-13-19 for my 2019 Sierra Denali crew cab. Just got word it should be here this week because it was shipped Saturday from Ohio factory. Can't wait to get it on. I've had a Z series for the past 17 years because when we had our first kids and having a truck, I needed to keep the stroller and groceries dry. Now I can't go without one. Nice to go on vacation and keep everything dry in the camper shell. They just don't make the Z series anymore and make Z2 now.  

I just got an ARE V, or CX (whatever is cheaper), when the ARE dealer installed the he tapped into the third brake wire and it threw a 'service trailer brake code' in the DIC on the way home. I took it to the dealer and he had trailer plug tester-thingy. Tester showed that the plug was live but nothing else worked (lights, turn signal etc). Dealer literally shrugged his shoulders and said "eh, take it to the dealer".... I was NOT happy of his casual attitude. I took it home, plugged my trailer into it and everything worked. The "service trailer brake" hasn't been back (though I did not get to test trailer brakes yet). 

Now i noticed the passenger side of the cap is leaking!!! I have to take it back this week. 

Had ad a leer for 11 years and it didn't leak once. 

Edited by mistaare
Grammer