Lift kit install labor

For sure  I could really care less what goes on over there.

Greek, what kind of oil should I use?

Ok ok, you’ve twisted my arm!

#1) Amsoil Signature Series $10

#2) Redline $12

#3) Penzoil Utra Platinum $10

#4) Mobil1 Annual protection $9-$12

The rest are pretty much all the same

Sent from Above

• 1 month later...

So last night I'm looking through the gallery on Custom Offsets websites. I like looking at lifted trucks what can I say?.

Anyways I see at the bottom of the main page they list

" shops near me".

So I click on it and see a shop about an hour south of me. 

On the Rocks 4x4

Never heard of it but figured what the hell I'll see what he would charge me to install my lift. I sent a message telling him what I had for a truck and lift kit.

I got this response today.....

You've got a new message

Hi Jim Thank you for reaching out to us. This is certainly something we can do. I don’t have an alignment rack so I take it to a great shop in town for the alignment. The Mc Gaughys kit is a great product. I think you’ll be really happy with it. For the install and alignment we would charge $800.00. Plus tax. It would take about a full day for the install and then take it for the alignment the next day. I know being without your vehicle for a couple days is a pain but we do have a car you could use if that helps. Heck I could even meet you half way if you wanted to cut the trip down some. Also, just to let you know We are a smaller independent shop with the proper license insurance and sales tax permit. We still operate out of our garage at home. We are going to break ground on a shop at the house as soon the ground thaws. We have decided that we will strive to keep the overhead low as possible. The downside is some might see us working out of the garage as less professional. I hope you can understand our situation. Let me know if you have any questions. If it’s easier you can call or text me 651-263-2509. Thank you Chris Turgeon On The Rocks 4x4 

I was planning on going to 4 Wheel Parts and paying $1162 out the door.

I'm thinking the $300+ I save can go towards some traction barsmail?url=https%3A%2F%2Fu2382462.ct.sendg. I'm starting to get the look from my Wife the more $ I spend. I'm about $6000 in so far and $800 more to get it rolling would be sweet. There's always more later (gears etc.) So I'm all for saving a few hundred bucks.

I'm really torn here. I like to support the little guy as I am a small business owner myself. I can guarantee my truck will be the only truck they work on that day too so there is that.  The 4 Wheel Parts shop by me used to be a Discount Tire so they have 4-5 lifts and are always busy. 

Custom Offsets recommended them . They also recommended another shop,TGK, near me that wanted $2500. 

What would you do???

Thanks again Guys

Screenshot_20200221-123040.png

So last night I'm looking through the gallery on Custom Offsets websites. I like looking at lifted trucks what can I say[emoji3166].
Anyways I see at the bottom of the main page they list
" shops near me".
So I click on it and see a shop about an hour south of me. 
On the Rocks 4x4
Never heard of it but figured what the hell I'll see what he would charge me to install my lift. I sent a message telling him what I had for a truck and lift kit.
I got this response today.....

You've got a new message
Hi Jim Thank you for reaching out to us. This is certainly something we can do. I don’t have an alignment rack so I take it to a great shop in town for the alignment. The Mc Gaughys kit is a great product. I think you’ll be really happy with it. For the install and alignment we would charge $800.00. Plus tax. It would take about a full day for the install and then take it for the alignment the next day. I know being without your vehicle for a couple days is a pain but we do have a car you could use if that helps. Heck I could even meet you half way if you wanted to cut the trip down some. Also, just to let you know We are a smaller independent shop with the proper license insurance and sales tax permit. We still operate out of our garage at home. We are going to break ground on a shop at the house as soon the ground thaws. We have decided that we will strive to keep the overhead low as possible. The downside is some might see us working out of the garage as less professional. I hope you can understand our situation. Let me know if you have any questions. If it’s easier you can call or text me 651-263-2509. Thank you Chris Turgeon On The Rocks 4x4 

Visit Site

I was planning on going to 4 Wheel Parts and paying $1162 out the door.
I'm thinking the $300+ I save can go towards some traction barsmail?url=https%3A%2F%2Fu2382462.ct.sendgrid.net%2Fwf%2Fopen%3Fupn%3DPpHKJNDrje000HOh1bLrI0fo7TR5wAg49pW9YHIUhug59hDT6YUgWjF3IRSaqzeQSyU7X-2FwUvPwPGWhEwLRB6px0LcmlCnfmfSw1nlI8momy1aNEfGbry78RGZ5KWERd866mfEa3UIXFKdj7Zypl-2BgXDjG8Fz02zcI3Ea3oOF8cXyGk1YKZeUKQvUqWr5pwaMZdcyghW9iDWM0KL5-2B-2Bb4GSsy2KPvaLtwX6GFQZCGySCV-2BoL5qSCBtAkpY0qUZzp5Dn9aF-2FcAMmBCQB55VpoWmJT5pYPElH6jMHi-2FmpVdjlP14OgInhqikt62lTZ-2FhnlB-2FqocBkU-2F-2F0-2FT8G-2F8NexrDgwNr2QPzMYc8T7cUz1DmegGwFMUI8BbUoHPGHpr5ADfc5nTGAedvZC01aX-2FO1DBTaSC5vlfKVFe-2BRe9phWeUiZz1lVFqkoMJSgrsgEarjWiKycY6q8n2purzb4s2JJSUXCpgXzDz8Vw0Bh6fp0h9g3SOXOS3TRZum6Css5MDoF8CuZ70OsrsS51z09YIHu3IQ3zmIpSzRIzXVLVVWJxwVRH8q4s2UENJvSq5QZevGhfmZEX9W9mydoYt-2Bs3RZV-2F3NpiH-2B491VVwAize1zZ2UxXDZ-2BTvaaFuUjWDF7N108t77hL7QVGhwwKtnRJ-2BR5llQOrWqcXExSPtGPrUmPhYCmoKVivjiv4O5WY2OfTH-2FqBDEEWfonAC-2BEh5B3tcRcQKZpEKQxUQinJBjkF2ejgj-2Fj7NF6vqd-2Fw-2BNTdSvvfN-2BX5&t=1582306952&ymreqid=57f9a91e-82ac-cb99-22d1-660007012300&sig=nU05lXe.Rr8u3ItCiXqNXA--~C. I'm starting to get the look from my Wife the more $ I spend. I'm about $6000 in so far and $800 more to get it rolling would be sweet. There's always more later (gears etc.) So I'm all for saving a few hundred bucks.
I'm really torn here. I like to support the little guy as I am a small business owner myself. I can guarantee my truck will be the only truck they work on that day too so there is that.  The 4 Wheel Parts shop by me used to be a Discount Tire so they have 4-5 lifts and are always busy. 
Custom Offsets recommended them . They also recommended another shop,TGK, near me that wanted $2500. 
What would you do???
Thanks again Guys
Screenshot_20200221-123040.thumb.png.399509c927bb4e38b959fcd1616ab1ef.png

4wheelparts ALL THE WAY!

Sent from Above

Just thought of something, I’ve been thinking about swapping out my front bumper for a much more stronger and robust bumper but my technician said I’d need to get new front shocks and coil overs in order to handle the extra weight, who would’ve thought that. The bumpers I’m looking at are between 120#’s and 200#’s, other than I wish I bought the adjustable front coil overs with resi’s, I love my truck just the way it is. Spoke with CST and they said I “may” get away with just swapping out the coils, seems like such a pain in the ass just to add a new stronger bumper. Just thought you should know for future ideas.

Sent from Above