Lift kit install labor

I'm getting a lift kit for my 2018 Silverado Crew 

I was just going to do a level and some 33's and call it a day.

After looking at hundreds of trucks that are leveled , it seems to me that some still look almost stock. 

Then I thought a 4" - 6" would be alright but all required trimming for 35's. 

So I decided to go big or don't bother.

I decided I'm going with a Superlift 8"  .  On sale this month so I told santa to put it under the tree.

My question is how much is the lift kit going to cost to install?

I'm about 10 minutes from a 4 Wheel Parts shop but not sure about them.

I've always heard they are too high priced on their labor but I'll give them a shout anyways can't hurt. I also got 2 other very capable shops within 45 minutes I'm checking with.

I'm just trying to get an idea so I can budget tires. I'm keeping my factory 22" Snowflake wheels so tires will be big buck. Top of the line 35" Toyo AT's are $583. I'm thinking something in the $350 range. 22" tires are way overpriced IMO.

6 hours ago, dieselfan1 said:

As far as labor goes, I paid $500 to a close friend. He said other shops would of been $1000+ just for the labor. As far as tires I highly recommend Nitto Ridge Grapplers. Best tire I've ever owned. Super quiet and very aggressive look.

Edited by DominatorZ71

1 hour ago, DominatorZ71 said:

I have a 5" RC bracket lift, factory 18s and 35s. No trimming at all. If you're doing 8" you need 37s. Otherwise it'll look funny. 

Does this look funny?

8" with 35's

I want some clearance. I don't want the tire to be within 1/2" of the bumper when the wheel is turned. 

629591-1-2018-silverado-1500-chevrolet-mcgaughys-suspension-lift-8in-american-force-lucky-ss-polished.png

8 minutes ago, dieselfan1 said:

Does this look funny?

8" with 35's

I want some clearance. I don't want the tire to be within 1/2" of the bumper when the wheel is turned. 

629591-1-2018-silverado-1500-chevrolet-mcgaughys-suspension-lift-8in-american-force-lucky-ss-polished.png

Well two things. You're showing a truck on forces which I think is hilarious as I dislike them also offset. It's a dark photo to see anything tbh. Let me see if I can find 35s on 20" snowflakes above 6" of lift one sec

In the Suspension lift thread here there was a member who had a 6" BDS on a crimson red 1500 with the factory 22" snowflake wheels running 35x12.50/22 Mt's. I tried looking for it again but haven't found it yet. 

On 12/14/2019 at 10:06 AM, SSchup said:

In the Suspension lift thread here there was a member who had a 6" BDS on a crimson red 1500 with the factory 22" snowflake wheels running 35x12.50/22 Mt's. I tried looking for it again but haven't found it yet. 

Is this it ? 

BDS 6"  35x12.50x20

Edited by dieselfan1

10 hours ago, dieselfan1 said:

I'm getting a lift kit for my 2018 Silverado Crew 

I was just going to do a level and some 33's and call it a day.

After looking at hundreds of trucks that are leveled , it seems to me that some still look almost stock. 

Then I thought a 4" - 6" would be alright but all required trimming for 35's. 

So I decided to go big or don't bother.

I decided I'm going with a Superlift 8"  .  On sale this month so I told santa to put it under the tree.

My question is how much is the lift kit going to cost to install?

I'm about 10 minutes from a 4 Wheel Parts shop but not sure about them.

A lot depend on the offset you are looking at. I had a half ton on 6" lift with 33's, but -19 offset in addition to the 1.5" per side increase in front track width. I had full turn left and right, including reverse, but would rub slightly at full turn if going over bumps or on an angle. All this to say that negative offset and the increased track width will make a smaller tire seem to fill the wheel well more, and I think that's what you're seeing on the 8" lift with 35 pics you're posting (those are not factory rims, likely zero or slightly negative offset). If you are keeping factory rims, you'll be sitting within the fenders and probably want a larger tire, or less lift, to make the 35s look right.

Driver side far.JPG