I Changed My Way - Bought A New Vehicle - 1st Time

diyer2

FYI

The CR-V has been good.Wife loves it now.

Oil is not getting dirty as fast.
Checked the mileage yesterday. 31.2 MPG. That's mountain driving, not flat-lander. Also not in ECO mode.

:)

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, diyer2 said:

FYI

The CR-V has been good.Wife loves it now.

Oil is not getting dirty as fast.
Checked the mileage yesterday. 31.2 MPG. That's mountain driving, not flat-lander. Also not in ECO mode.

That will put a grin on a guys face, eh? 

Yes! Grumpy.

I will say that I'm pleased with the power this little 1.5 L, 4 banger turbo puts out. I was wondering after having the 3.0 L V6 in the Accord. I think the CVT trans helps with the mileage. The trans is not mountain friendly going down hill. More on the brakes than a regular trans. 

4 hours ago, diyer2 said:

Yes! Grumpy.

I will say that I'm pleased with the power this little 1.5 L, 4 banger turbo puts out. I was wondering after having the 3.0 L V6 in the Accord. I think the CVT trans helps with the mileage. The trans is not mountain friendly going down hill. More on the brakes than a regular trans. 

Ya know what happens when you squeeze a pimple really hard....right?

(Small motor, big boost)

:crackup:

Offenhauser

• Haha 1

I wouldn’t have problem with anything wearing the Honda brand. When it came to longevity I chose the Toyota Camry. A bigger NA engine and a non CVT transmission. I planned to pass it to my daughter who probably would pass it to hers. Ultimately it came down to who had the biggest savings at the time. Toyota won that battle too. Honda is much better looking though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

On 7/6/2020 at 8:33 AM, KARNUT said:

I wouldn’t have problem with anything wearing the Honda brand. When it came to longevity I chose the Toyota Camry. A bigger NA engine and a non CVT transmission. I planned to pass it to my daughter who probably would pass it to hers. Ultimately it came down to who had the biggest savings at the time. Toyota won that battle too. Honda is much better looking though.

Sent from my iPhone using CRAPATALK

Eh.  Honda and Crapota still builds lemons and run into issues.  The previous gen Civic is a prime example of ****** that Honda built.  Apparently they had to buy back a bunch. 

On 7/8/2020 at 11:02 PM, Colossus said:

Eh.  Honda and Crapota still builds lemons and run into issues.  The previous gen Civic is a prime example of ****** that Honda built.  Apparently they had to buy back a bunch. 

Nothing if perfect bud.

You know they all make bad ones.

Roll of the dice.

• 2 months later...

Got rid of the Bridgestone Ecopia HL422 Plus tires at 5200 miles. Noisy and last winter didn't impress me for traction. Put on Michelin Defenders LTX M/S. About $200 than the Bridgestone's locally. They are quieter, absorb road flaws better and corner better. Winter traction pending.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Well not happy with the Honda.

Finally got my first oil analysis back from Horizon. Mailed 12/22/2020. Got email with results 01/02/2021.

3 K mile sample of Castrol Edge. Wix oi filter. 5% oil dilution and high Titanium. 

Honda will probably say within factory specs. If that doesn’t work for you can sell it or drive it. I had two similar experiences with I would call oil burning new vehicles. One lasted through 3 family drivers. The other I put a supercharger on it. All went over 100K miles burning the exact amount through out. Declared within specs. Then there’s my modified truck. I quart every 500 miles going on 13 years. You should hear my Avalanche when it’s cold.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FYI

If we decide to get rid of the Honda due to the oil dilution issue we have been looking at options.

The Hyundai Tucson Ultimate is cheaper, has better, nicer features than a GMC Terrain. Also no turbo.