DQS mirrors a bit flakey...anyone have this happen?

I’ve added Dqs mirrors via Phil’s harnesses to my 18 1500 LT. I’ve noticed that this winter, they’ve acted strangely at times. The passenger side mirror doesn’t always collapse.  It will start to move and then stop...almost like it’s out of sequence with the drivers side. It doesn’t happen all the times, but it’s happening more frequently then in the warmer weather. Is this something to be concerned about or typical? Ty for your help. 

2 hours ago, Jchoi said:

I’ve added Dqs mirrors via Phil’s harnesses to my 18 1500 LT. I’ve noticed that this winter, they’ve acted strangely at times. The passenger side mirror doesn’t always collapse.  It will start to move and then stop...almost like it’s out of sequence with the drivers side. It doesn’t happen all the times, but it’s happening more frequently then in the warmer weather. Is this something to be concerned about or typical? Ty for your help. 

My 18 does the same thing, and they do not close at the same speed no matter what the outside temperature is.

Holding the inside "fold" button a little longer helps at times, but not always.

8 hours ago, JimCost2014 said:

My 18 does the same thing, and they do not close at the same speed no matter what the outside temperature is.

Holding the inside "fold" button a little longer helps at times, but not always.

Okay. Thanks. Sometime the driver side closes and the passenger side doesn’t it’s odd. 

12 hours ago, Jchoi said:

Okay. Thanks. Sometime the driver side closes and the passenger side doesn’t it’s odd. 

You are very welcome.

This is the time of year where I have to "push the mirror by hand" on the passenger side to get it to work again too.

I should take it in, but still have a lot of warranty left, so I will wait till it does not work at all so they can replicate the problem when they have it.

The mirrors have fail safe logic in them where if it senses resistance during the fold, the mirror will not complete the fold/unfold command to prevent the circuit from getting overloaded or motor from burning out.

I have had GM factory DL3 and DQS do it as well as the Trail Ridge Mirrors I’ve used.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15 hours ago, JimCost2014 said:

You are very welcome.

This is the time of year where I have to "push the mirror by hand" on the passenger side to get it to work again too.

I should take it in, but still have a lot of warranty left, so I will wait till it does not work at all so they can replicate the problem when they have it.

When you have intermittent issues, always take video of the issue to show the dealership and note conditions when things occur.  It will help the technician out in trying to duplicate the issue(s) and a good dealership will strive for customer satisfaction and try to solve the problem instead you getting a "Could Not Duplicate/No Issue Found" response and they boot it out the door because they've seen the issue occur from your video knowing your not just blowing smoke.  Doing so will also help in case the dealer still boots it and you have to get GM involved.  More videos of the same issue occuring, the better.

I've always done this due to working in the automotive industry.  Doing so helped me get both of my DQS mirrors replaced on my 2016 right before my warranty ran out.  This has also helped with goodwill scenarios as well when I or customers I've worked with had issues, the date stamp on the videos show exactly when the issue occurred and can help cover part or all of the repair even though the vehicle is out of warranty.  Goodwill will depend solely on the dealership and their desire to maintain high customer satisfaction.

• Like 1

I have a 2015i 2500 HD with DQS tow mirrors and have had both sides replaced...twice. Took it in to the Chevrolet dealer and just said my passenger mirror does not fold and they replaced it. Not all at once...had drivers side done, then passenger. 

Let them know before warranty runs out.

They will fold manually as well, or they can be timed by manually fold them in together and then hit the button to unfold them. 

Sierra Boy

• Like 1

9 hours ago, pgamboa said:

The mirrors have fail safe logic in them where if it senses resistance during the fold, the mirror will not complete the fold/unfold command to prevent the circuit from getting overloaded or motor from burning out.

I have had GM factory DL3 and DQS do it as well as the Trail Ridge Mirrors I’ve used.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Jim. GM probably wouldn’t warranty them because they weren’t originally on the truck.  I’ve used @pgamboa harnesses to add powerfold, tow mirrors.