custom wheels

wondering if anyone has done custom offset wheels with no isses thinking about running a - 19 offset

Offset can mean a lot of things without knowing the wheel width :)

With that being said, that is a common offset for a 10” wide rim. -18 to -25 is fairly common on a 10” wide rim just FYI.

Lots of people running that, no major issues as far as the rim itself. So it’s going to come down to tire size as well where you could run into some issues if not leveled/lifted.

I am looking at another set of rims and tires too. My truck is not lifted (no plans to do so), running the 20" rims now, would likely do the same for my 2nd set. I would like the 2nd set of wheels to be more for road use, maybe Michelin Defenders. 

The factory wheels are +40 offset, that's the part that has me confused, I don't want to end up with wheels that stick way out. 

Can I run +20 or lower offset with OEM size tires? and does that mean the wheel will be sticking out from the truck by 20mm more than the factory +40 wheel? 

Found my own answer, Factory 20s weigh in at 44LB

Thanks for finding and posting this! I was curious as well. The 22’s I’m looking at are 53 lbs, the 20” version is 50 lbs so still heavier than stock, darn.

• 3 months later...

Can i add to this?   I am thinking of taking the 20's off my custom and put 18x9's on with 35x11 tires (285 75 18).   Selecting a wheel has bee confusing.  I am starting to think 0 offset is safe but there are additional options with a -12 to -18 offset.    given the 9"wheel and 11" tire would I still be ok at -12 offset?

Silverado 2500 custom with keys adjusted up only  1". 

20 hours ago, Jason Caswell said:

Can i add to this?   I am thinking of taking the 20's off my custom and put 18x9's on with 35x11 tires (285 75 18).   Selecting a wheel has bee confusing.  I am starting to think 0 offset is safe but there are additional options with a -12 to -18 offset.    given the 9"wheel and 11" tire would I still be ok at -12 offset?

Silverado 2500 custom with keys adjusted up only  1". 

You'd likely need to level the front.  I'm on my second set of rims on my 2020 2500.  1st set were 20" 295/60 20 0n +10's.  They rubbed slightly in reverse, all stock.  Switched to black rims now with 20" +18's with 285/65/20 they rub just barely while in reverse going over curb while exiting the driveway at full lock but they don't run for the most part.  It seems wider tires cause more issues than taller.

Edited by CRApex