Tell me I did this the hard way please !! Turn signals

So my 2014 Sierra with the weak projector lights ( upgraded to Morimoto HID's ) burnt the driver's side turn signal. I could not find a way to get the signal bulb out of the back so I removed the Grille and bumper trim. Luckily I got it all back on OK but there has got to be a easier way to access those bulbs ???? I changed the passenger side too while in there. 

Yotaman

I read the manual. It showed to twist and remove the bulb from the back the problem is their is no way to reach the bulb holder and twist. Removing the headlight it was then easy. There is a metal beam that is in front of the turn signal. Any video link of this or how to ? I cannot see it being done without removal of headlight ???

Taking another look at it today on the driver's side there is a square cutout and I think you can reach the bulb and twist it out on the other side the airbox would have to come out but that is no biggie. I wish the manual would have been a bit more descriptive but lesson learned. Hope this helps someone else.

22R