GMT400 swap to GMT800

I have a 1999 Tahoe 2dr and would like to upgrade to a newer systems that are in GMT800 models.  I am thinking about to swap the entire engine, electrical, dash, seats and door panels. 

My question is will every thing bolt up with no major cutting or modifications?

Can't answer your question.
Why do this?
Buy a newer truck.

[emoji4]

It’s a 2door Tahoe that’s why. I was going to mod a 98 myself with a s/c . I got my 92 instead. Hindsight I wish I did the Tahoe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Elaborate on what?  They are different trucks.   The cab is shaped different, so at least none of the dash will go in without you fabbing up the GMT800 mounts for everything.  Seats are  probably the easiest thing to get the mounts fabbed.  Doors, I have no idea how much work you need to do.  The engine probably won't be hard to fab the mounts for, but expect everything else to be a hassle, like making space for the ecm and fuse box, radiators going to be different, I don't know about spacing for it (from the engine to the rad).

The GMT800 is an all-new truck from the GMT400.  Expect EVERYTHING to be different.

• 1 year later...
On 1/19/2020 at 7:53 AM, Dom65 said:

I have a 1999 Tahoe 2dr and would like to upgrade to a newer systems that are in GMT800 models.  I am thinking about to swap the entire engine, electrical, dash, seats and door panels. 

My question is will every thing bolt up with no major cutting or modifications?

I’m going to do this to my 94 4x4 from 2002 Z71 this week