6,000 miles in and I’m still impressed.

20 hours ago, spizike9 said:

This is pretty much exactly what I hope to get sometime this year. Either this color or Dark Sky. I go back and forth each day between them. 

Yeah, I almost held out for OPs color but I went with the dark sky as they had a bunch of them in stock.

Overall Im happy with the color.

6 minutes ago, RaisedByWolves said:

Yeah, I almost held out for OPs color but I went with the dark sky as they had a bunch of them in stock.

Overall Im happy with the color.

Oh me too, gorgeous color in person. Changes from gray to blueish gray to greenish gray depending on the sun

And don't I know it! Had that dark metallic grey on my '16 and drove it home on a day when it was bright clear blue sky. Wife looked out the window to get the first glimpse and said "You're an idiot coming home a purple truck!". Got down to eye level and it was either greenish reflecting the grass or  metallic grey reflecting macadam and you could see it for the great color that it was.

Would have bought it again if there was one in the same color, but I buy for options rather than color and only direction I got this time before shopping was : "Any color but fire engine red" But, there was only one RST with $15K in options, so overpriced vs. base LTZs no one even did a road test....knew that one must have been loaded with a whole load of GM assigned dealer cash based on past sales quotas, and I was right.....got the $15K off the sticker including transfer tax and tags. When I got home explained that it wasn't fire engine red....it was Red Hot which is more orange than red. Still married and still have the truck, so must be doing something right.

DSCN0625.JPG.7f7e0c04a9a84c2289fcbcebe53a9a9a.JPG!

Edited by Thomcat

got 7k on mine and still is great, not a 6.2 but still no issues and runs smooth......lil clunk from first to second if I jab it too soon or take off when cold but nothing alarming, its me mostly.....I have chevy but the first time I saw it I thought it was best looking 1/2 ton by far!.....I didn't need to be convinced or cozy up to new look....badass from first sight

3 hours ago, Thomcat said:

And don't I know it! Had that dark metallic grey on my '16 and drove it home on a day when it was bright clear blue sky. Wife looked out the window to get the first glimpse and said "You're an idiot coming home a purple truck!". Got down to eye level and it was either greenish reflecting the grass or  metallic grey reflecting macadam and you could see it for the great color that it was.

Would have bought it again if there was one in the same color, but I buy for options rather than color and only direction I got this time before shopping was : "Any color but fire engine red" But, there was only one RST with $15K in options, so overpriced vs. base LTZs no one even did a road test....knew that one must have been loaded with a whole load of GM assigned dealer cash based on past sales quotas, and I was right.....got the $15K off the sticker including transfer tax and tags. When I got home explained that it wasn't fire engine red....it was Red Hot which is more orange than red. Still married and still have the truck, so must be doing something right.

DSCN0625.JPG.7f7e0c04a9a84c2289fcbcebe53a9a9a.JPG!

I love red trucks, even if they still are most pulled over vehicles.....I didn't get it this time but I would have in heartbeat.....

cant believe the sport bar is coming back.....in 70's everyone had a tubular one and we used to sit in back of pickups, even in 80's till it was outlawed.....maybe that will come back too, lol

Edited by Dunn