DIC Error ICON

Anybody ever get an error message in the middle of the instrument cluster on their DIC where the digital vehicle speed is displayed that says " something STEERING" with an Orange ICON? Something being the first word I did not catch. It also gives two-tones, like the low fuel tone at the same time. I cannot find it anywhere in the owners manual and the dealership just checked it for codes and there are none. It's happened to me twice now.

Edited by bsprtsgrp
Corrected

I occasionally get a message with an orange background that shows hands on a steering wheel reminding me to keep my hands on the wheel.  I have no idea why it does it.  I'm not pretending to drive a Tesla! 

22 minutes ago, bsprtsgrp said:

Anybody ever get an error message in the middle of the instrument cluster on their DIC where the digital vehicle speed is displayed that says " something STEERING" with an Orange ICON? Something being the first word I did not catch. It also gives two-tones, like the low fuel tone at the same time. I cannot find it anywhere in the owners manual and the dealership just checked it for codes and there are none. It's happened to me twice now.

Think it could have been this?

See the source image

No, it's an ICON that comes up where the digital vehicle speed is...two-tones, then the Orange Icon (not sure what the ICON was as the error message disappears in 3 seconds)

it's "something STEERING"

No, it's an ICON that comes up where the digital vehicle speed is...two-tones, then the Orange Icon (not sure what the ICON was as the error message disappears in 3 seconds)  

it's "something STEERING"

“Take Steering”

That message appears when you take away your hands from steering for too long while the car maintains its position at the lane.

96e5b5adb94dc89c395b34e37ee2662f.jpg

42 minutes ago, SARNCAN said:

“Take Steering”
That message appears when you take away you hands from steering for too long while the car maintains its position at the lane.

96e5b5adb94dc89c395b34e37ee2662f.jpg

Hmmm, does that feature only come with the upgraded dash (technology), or would I have it in my Silverado?

If I do that while driving the wife's Tahoe, she will yell at me.....

May have to do some dangerous driving at lunch to find out.

Edited by JimCost2014

Hmmm, does that feature only come with the upgraded dash (technology), or would I have it in my Silverado?

If I do that while driving the wife's Tahoe, she will yell at me.....

May have to do some dangerous driving at lunch to find out.

It works with lane keep assist, and I think regardless of the cluster type