Bluetooth and notifications

I have a samsung s10plus phone and when it is hooked to my ltz via bluetooth and I get a text message I do not know they come in cause my phone makes no notification sound on my phone. I am guessing being hooked to the truck via bluetooth it is not letting the notification sound come through.  Anyone know of a way to make my notification sound come through when I get a text?  Thanks for any info. 

1 hour ago, Chris Callanan said:

I think you need to enable Android Auto - then it will notify you and read the text to you and allow you to respond via voice....  

I know it will do that through android auto when it is plugged in but this is just when the phone is connected through bluetooth.  I am in and off out my truck and do not want to keep plugging it up and unplugging it. 

GM removed functionality to receive phone notifications other than through Apple CP or Android Auto. It was previously supported through the Messages app in the infotainment system, which is no longer available. There’s a few other threads on this same topic as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

Dude, I totally understand. I am having the exact issue and with the same exact phone. Samsung S10 with a GMC 1500 AT4. I am not getting any alerts. Typically it should play the notification sound through the speakers, but it does nothing. I miss emails and texts. I don't need to read it, I just need to hear the alert. I have searched for 2 days online with no luck. I have gone through every setting on my phone and in the truck, still no luck.

Anyone find a solution?

I had this same issue with my galaxy s9. I stopped at the dealer and there tech guy told me to forget and than re pair my phone to my truck. I also went into my phone settings and forgot the truck too. During setup my phone asks me to allow certain things or deny certain things. I just played around with those and now after doing that I get my text message notification alert through the speakers without having to be plugged into android auto. I can hit the speaker button on the steering wheel and ask it to read new text message and it will. And than it asks me if I want to reply which I can by just saying what I want and it will than ask if I want to send it. I hope it works for you as I remember it being extremely frustrating.

Will try this. One thing I did today, was turn off Audio under the Bluetooth settings on the phone when it was paired to the truck. This at least allowed my phone to make the notification alerts again. However, when Audio is not selected you can't play music from your phone to the truck. 

13 hours ago, npicklo said:

Will try this. One thing I did today, was turn off Audio under the Bluetooth settings on the phone when it was paired to the truck. This at least allowed my phone to make the notification alerts again. However, when Audio is not selected you can't play music from your phone to the truck. 

That's odd, I'm still able to play amazon music as well as get notifications. Do you have contact and message access turned on? Call and audio access automatically turn on when my phone connects to the truck. Also check your android auto settings. Even though my phone wasnt plugged into android auto the app would sense I was in the truck and and put everything into silent mode. I will attach screenshots of my bluetooth settings as well as android auto settings.

Screenshot_20200304-050431_Settings.jpg

Screenshot_20200304-050938_Android Auto.jpg

Screenshot_20200304-050924_Android Auto.jpg

Screenshot_20200304-050948_Android Auto.jpg