On3 performance turbo kit

I am about to pull the trigger on the purchase of the on3 performance turbo kit for my 18 sierra. I had a couple of questions for those that have the kit. Firstly did you stick with the stock drive shaft? I heard it can hold the power but cannot handle any speeds above 110mph?  I plan on putting about 500hp not looking for more. Did anyone buy their recirc kit for turbo oil that feeds back into the oil fill tube? I want to go this route rather than tap the oil pan and just want to hear how well it has worked for people. Also with my 500hp goal will the 70mm turbo that comes with the factory kit meet that goal or will I need the 76/65mm turbo upgrade? Lastly what spring do they provide with the kit? Or do they give you a couple of springs to choose from for boost pressure? Thanks in advance.

Thanks, he's off these forums from what I read. I got answers to all my questions though.

I purchased a 2 piece performance drive shaft today to handle the power and speed the turbo kit will produce. The one piece stock drive shaft can handle the HP but not the speed I'll be hitting on the track or dyno. It hits critical speed around 105-115 mph which is normal for a truck, but my new driveshaft is rated to 175mph and 800hp. :)

Also the on3 kit comes with a 6 psi spring for the Wastegate which can run up to 12 psi with a manual boost controller. 

7 hours ago, SlowGMC said:

Doubtful,  not much interest on these forums and it seems like very few people have done it. So I'll learn as I go.

True.. well good luck man!  Post some pics and videos when you finish! sounds like it’ll be awesome 

On 1/28/2020 at 7:01 PM, SlowGMC said:

Thanks, he's off these forums from what I read. I got answers to all my questions though.

Glad you got your answers. Yeah I somehow missed his post back in November. You should do a build thread, I'm definitely interested, I want to do this same project sometime but not looking to race or anything, just a nice little pep in my step.

• Like 1