2020 Silverado Duramax RST 3" Superlift / Fuel Rebel / Toyo Open Country M/T

U averaged 30 MPG with the  lift and tires added?

That was before the lift. Sorry for the confusion. I’m down about 5mpgs since the lift and tires. Still not bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 months later...
On 2/8/2020 at 3:43 PM, FrankK986 said:

IMG_1410.thumb.jpg.3237f4875ae2ae22b778d80276c6f69a.jpgIMG_1064.thumb.jpg.85bdf5d2a4d6a6c5c8c3d36259af038a.jpg

Recently made the transition from a 2018 Tacoma TRD Off-Road Double Cab Short Bed to a 2020 Silverado Z71 Duramax 3.0 RST Crew Cab. Just completed the lift and wheel/tire package. Here are the details and some photos. The 10mm Bora spacers are arriving today and will install those. Overall, the truck rides great. I had Nitto Ridge Grapplers on my Tacoma and currently have 33" BFG Mud Terrain's on my '00 lifted Wrangler Sahara. after about 100mi, I'm pleased with the Toyo's. Will be getting an alignment next week even though it rides pretty straight.

CUSTOM OFFSETS:

- Toyo Open Country MT LT295/60/20

- Fuel Rebel 20x10 -18mm 6x5.5 matte dark bronze

- Bora aluminum 0.375 spacers

- Setup is very similar to this

SUPERLIFT:

- 3" lift kit for '19-'20 Silverado.

I removed both mud flaps. There's a lot of rub up front, most all of it is against the felt wheel well liner. I will pull that back and likely end up putting the mud flaps back on. I plan to add some sort of running board/step as the truck is pretty high and the step up into it is not easy.

Feel free to ask any questions or let me know if I missed anything. As far as the truck, I have about 700mi on it and really enjoy driving it. The torque and effortless power from the diesel is amazing. First 50mi road trip from Boston to Cape Cod I got 31.8mpg. This is mostly flat and I was making a conscious effort to achieve good economy.

-Frank

Do you need the spacers to clear the calipers for this wheel or was this just a preference? I'm looking to put the rebels on my Silverado too 

The calipers and suspension components actually clear fine. I did this as a precaution by May end up removing them unless i get fender flairs. They stuck a little too much.

1 hour ago, FrankK986 said:

The calipers and suspension components actually clear fine. I did this as a precaution by May end up removing them unless i get fender flairs. They stuck a little too much.

Awesome, thanks! I don't think I'm going to go with the spacers if they clear fine. Hows the rub on your setup? Do you get full lock out of the steering?

3 minutes ago, Nathan Howells said:

Awesome, thanks! I don't think I'm going to go with the spacers if they clear fine. Hows the rub on your setup? Do you get full lock out of the steering?

I got a lot of rub initially. I removed the front mud flaps and then trimmed the metal around where they connect at the bottom with a dremel.

I’m really surprised you had rubbing issues.  My research albeit limited indicates the factory 20” rims were a +28 offset.  Going to a -18 offset should have gained you 46mm or 1.8” (not to mention your spacers).  The 275 to 295 is only about a 3/4” increase unless I’m missing something or not understanding offsets.

I believe the more negative you go into wheel offsets, the more likely  you will have rubbing issues on the outside perimeter of the wheel well and some of the inner liner. Just because you go negative in offset doesn't mean you are actually gaining clearance. Yes, off the upper control arm you will gain clearance but then you loose clearance within the wheel well. Correct me if I am wrong!

Edited by jimmyjames636
new sentence added.

3 hours ago, jimmyjames636 said:

I believe the more negative you go into wheel offsets, the more likely  you will have rubbing issues on the outside perimeter of the wheel well and some of the inner liner. Just because you go negative in offset doesn't mean you are actually gaining clearance. Yes, off the upper control arm you will gain clearance but then you loose clearance within the wheel well. Correct me if I am wrong!

That makes sense.

5 hours ago, FrankK986 said:

I got a lot of rub initially. I removed the front mud flaps and then trimmed the metal around where they connect at the bottom with a dremel.

Sounds good I plan on trimming to make them fit. Im not too worried about the rubbing as much as being able to get a full turn out of it. Does yours allow for full lock or close? Im planning on putting a 33.7" tires so I didn't know if yours was at full lock or close enough. 

Thank you! I wasn’t either, but searched Custom Offset’s site and found the exact same setup and really like it. Won’t (m)any folks in Boston with this setup, that’s for sure.

I saw that same truck! Haha I was basing a lot of my choices of how it looked. Truck looks beautiful !! Side note, how quick did custom offsets get you your setup from time of order to door? I'm curious to see if it is truly that 10-15 business days. I paid for expedited shipping.

6 hours ago, BlackRST said:

I saw that same truck! Haha I was basing a lot of my choices of how it looked. Truck looks beautiful !! Side note, how quick did custom offsets get you your setup from time of order to door? I'm curious to see if it is truly that 10-15 business days. I paid for expedited shipping.

Too funny! I was in a unique situation where I was out of town when the shipment was supposed to get here so even paying the expedited shipping it wasn't fast. They had to put a hold on my stuff and then I had to work with them to release it. They also forgot to tell me they weren't shipping the spacers with the main shipment so that screwed everything up. Then the TPMS didn't register with the truck after they told me they would. It was an act of God to try and get them to tell me WHICH type of TPMS they installed (hint, it was the wrong one). All I could get out of them was the brand, ITM.

Needless to say they said they'd cover the costs of making right and getting three TPMS light to turn off. At the time I had another vehicle I was selling (2018 Tacoma) that also had TPMS issues as I had swapped tires back on it so my focus was that vehicle. I still have the lights on almost 3 mos later. I just have to bring it to a garage to have them fix it as the Chevy dealer tried and couldn't because they aren't factory. Real pain in the ass.

Too funny! I was in a unique situation where I was out of town when the shipment was supposed to get here so even paying the expedited shipping it wasn't fast. They had to put a hold on my stuff and then I had to work with them to release it. They also forgot to tell me they weren't shipping the spacers with the main shipment so that screwed everything up. Then the TPMS didn't register with the truck after they told me they would. It was an act of God to try and get them to tell me WHICH type of TPMS they installed (hint, it was the wrong one). All I could get out of them was the brand, ITM.

Needless to say they said they'd cover the costs of making right and getting three TPMS light to turn off. At the time I had another vehicle I was selling (2018 Tacoma) that also had TPMS issues as I had swapped tires back on it so my focus was that vehicle. I still have the lights on almost 3 mos later. I just have to bring it to a garage to have them fix it as the Chevy dealer tried and couldn't because they aren't factory. Real pain in the ass.

That was actually has me worried is there seems to be a lot of miscommunication with them. I have two emails where they both say "okay sir we will ship the spacers seperate"...yet I call today to double check things and Carly the rep said oh we're waiting on spacers to finish your order. I was mind blown and pretty pissed off. Considering I could of had the wheels realistically mid next week which would have lined up with my days off. But what can ya do. How hard was getting coordinated with the freight company?

Ps I don't mean to thread jack I love the set up.