Best Waterproof Hard Tonneau?

I've never had a problem with the OEM GM covers.  And by OEM GM I mean the actual GM ones not the "business partner" made by an aftermarket company sold through GM like the cover you have currently.  
I like the OEM GM Tonneau and others have said great things about it being dry. I'm just not comfortable putting a dozen screws through my sheet metal to install it.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

I’m pretty happy with my Extang Encore. I know you mentioned that you didn’t want any that have the gutters & drain tubes, which this has, but it sits on top of the bed rails so between that & the gutters, it stays pretty dry in the bed. I will get some water in when power washing but that’s about it.

It’s not folding but another option is the one piece fiberglass type. My previous truck had one & it stays bone dry under those. They’re very secure too, which is nice if you’re keeping hunting stuff in the bed. The tri-fold types are fairly easy to break into.
I like the looks of the extang encore and exceed covers just don't understand why they need to have gutters. Seem to me that is always going to be a problem for water. Or like my current cover where the warm sun will melt snow during the day and the the water freezes up in the gutters and tubes.

I got the Extang Xceed installed last week and love the extreme low-profile look of it.  Took it through the car wash yesterday and noted that it had a little water in the front driver and rear passenger corners, maybe a cup of water total which isn't bad at all.  "Waterproof" isn't a requirement of mine, water resistant is just fine for me and in my opinion all you can ask from a cover of this type.

I like the looks of the extang encore and exceed covers just don't understand why they need to have gutters. Seem to me that is always going to be a problem for water. Or like my current cover where the warm sun will melt snow during the day and the the water freezes up in the gutters and tubes.

The gutters are multipurpose. They serve as the framework & latching system to secure the cover to the truck. They also serve as a “last defense” to stop the water.
There’s a double rubber seal on the cover that lays against the bed rail. Then there’s another rubber seal on the cover that seals against the frame/gutter. Then the gutter itself. I don’t have any sag in the discharge tub so as not to trap any water in there but I don’t think much, if any, water actually makes it into the gutter.

115fbc41ad8ae4baf55311765a1f2329.jpg

I installed the GM hard roll-up to my RST yesterday and I'm impressed with the quality and design of this cover, I wouldnt say its waterproof but nearly if installed correctly . Highly recommend and at less than $600 shipped to my door
$600 for a hard roll up? That seems unusually cheap. Where did you get it?

10 hours ago, ShamrockShooter said:

$600 for a hard roll up? That seems unusually cheap. Where did you get it?

Keep in mind the "Make Offer" option

theres another listing for the standard bed as well, same price

https://www.ebay.com/itm/19-20-New-Silverado-Sierra-1500-Hard-Roll-Up-Tonneau-Cover-For-58-Bed-19416967/392245749999?hash=item5b53ab28ef:g:23oAAOSweIVZ0-Fb

On 2/16/2020 at 8:19 AM, ShamrockShooter said:

I like the OEM GM Tonneau and others have said great things about it being dry. I'm just not comfortable putting a dozen screws through my sheet metal to install it.

You don't have to drill the sheet metal.  Only the plastic rail caps get drilled to access the already stamped holes that the nuts snap into.  

https://www.ebay.com/itm/19-20-New-Silverado-Sierra-1500-Hard-Roll-Up-Tonneau-Cover-For-58-Bed-19416967/392245749999?hash=item5b53ab28ef:g:23oAAOSweIVZ0-Fb

How does the front bed overhang look? Seems like most of the problem with my REV hard fold is the cover weatherstrip doesn't overhang the front of the truck and relies on a foam gasket taped to the bed front which doesn't stop a lick of water.

Also is the REV a vynal material finish or is it a matte textured finish?

5 hours ago, ShamrockShooter said:

How does the front bed overhang look? Seems like most of the problem with my REV hard fold is the cover weatherstrip doesn't overhang the front of the truck and relies on a foam gasket taped to the bed front which doesn't stop a lick of water.

the front has a thick foam gasket for a seal, to me thats a good seal however the corner transition where the rubber siderail gasket meets the front of bed would be the only weak link

5 hours ago, ShamrockShooter said:

Also is the REV a vynal material finish or is it a matte textured finish?

vinyl like most others, wish there was a fabric/cloth option. if this vinyl cover gets damaged anytime I'll recover it with fabric/cloth

I have the Lomax Tri-fold on a '19 GMC and I love it. It looks good and keeps the bed drier than any other tonneau I've had.  I have no concerns keeping my clothing duffles back there when driving in the rain. I originally had some minimal drippage on the cab side corners, but a little heat gun to reshape the rubber than was smushed in shipping fixed it up. Don't expect it to be perfectly dry like a cap, but it's close. It's well made.  As for support I had a fingernail-sized paint flake come off after a few months and the sent me a whole new cover (plus shipping both ways) under warranty. The main tailgate opens and closes smoothly with the cover down, and the only negative is the mini-tailgate on the GMC will open, but not close without lifting the rear third flap. If you need the whole bed, it comes off with no tools. I can get it off by myself but its heavy so a second set of hands makes it easier to get off.