Extended Warranty non GM

I purchased mine from James Black.  Reason being with all the issues and I plan on keeping this truck for a while I didn't want to take a chance.  Especially with all the updates and such.  I found them to be the best in price.  I got an 8yr or 80k mile one.  Since I only will be putting less than 10k on the truck a year.  Total was $1,400

don't bother its a waste of money. 

save the money you would pay for the warranty and use it for repairs if needed, if you don't need it look at all the money you saved.

bottom line they are in business to make money. the chances of you breaking even or coming ahead in the end are slim to none.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, djw88 said:

save the money you would pay for the warranty and use it for repairs if needed, if you don't need it look at all the money you saved.

bottom line they are in business to make money. the chances of you breaking even or coming ahead in the end are slim to none.

This is true if you trade every 4yrs. But for me I'm keeping as long as I can like my 2002 silverado. Which I still have.  So once out of warranty, anything on my 2019 has issues I would think I'm covered for the most part.  At least for the next 8yrs.  Say after the warranty and the rear window decides to leak, or these new 10sp's that just came out start having issues.   It can add up fast.  To much electrical stuff that can go wrong.  Like on our Suburban with the magnetic ride.  One shock is $500. 

Plus, with all the brake issues, how long will it be before they get that sorted out?

Again, if you trade every so often then it isn't worth it. I can't afford to do that.

Edited by Black02Silverado
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Black02Silverado said:

This is true if you trade every 4yrs. But for me I'm keeping as long as I can like my 2002 silverado. Which I still have.  So once out of warranty, anything on my 2019 has issues I would think I'm covered for the most part.  At least for the next 8yrs.  Say after the warranty and the rear window decides to leak, or these new 10sp's that just came out start having issues.   It can add up fast.  To much electrical stuff that can go wrong.  Like on our Suburban with the magnetic ride.  One shock is $500. 

Again, if you trade every so often then it isn't worth it. I can't afford to do that.

i keep my vehicles until they die.

extended warranties are not worth it (for the most part) maybe you will use it and get your moneys worth but like i said they wouldn't be in business if they didn't make a profit. Independent consumer studies always advise against it.

1 minute ago, djw88 said:

i keep my vehicles until they die.

extended warranties are not worth it (for the most part) maybe you will use it and get your moneys worth but like i said they wouldn't be in business if they didn't make a profit. Independent consumer studies always advise against it.

Very true, nobody would be in business unless they made a profit.

I have read a boat load of reviews on these kinda extened warranty companies. 80 percent of the reviews are problematic. Stating the company wont pay for repairs to items that are clearly under warranty, pay for towing, wont reimburse for repairs and so on. Its a scam just like auto insurance.

Sent from my LG-G710 using Tapatalk

39 minutes ago, Snowcamo said:

I have read a boat load of reviews on these kinda extened warranty companies. 80 percent of the reviews are problematic. Stating the company wont pay for repairs to items that are clearly under warranty, pay for towing, wont reimburse for repairs and so on. Its a scam just like auto insurance.

I guess I'm just lucky.  The extended warranty paid for replacement of my active shutters on my 2014 Cruze diesel. Otherwise it was going to cost me $900.

• Like 1

I guess I'm just lucky.  The extended warranty paid for replacement of my active shutters on my 2014 Cruze diesel. Otherwise it was going to cost me $900.
To be honest i have yet to do any research on the one you listed. Cheers to your future with them. Shucks I'll look into them for my daughters car. Is there a parent company to the one you listed?

10 minutes ago, Snowcamo said:

To be honest i have yet to do any research on the one you listed. Cheers to your future with them. Shucks I'll look into them for my daughters car. Is there a parent company to the one you listed?

Not that I'm aware of.  From the research I did, this was the main one that was highly recommended and had the best coverage.  This was from posts on the Corvette, Camaro and one other forum I can't remember reading from.  Like I said, with all the electronics and considering the brakes on these new trucks is now fly by wire so to speak.  Just to many things that can go wrong until they get ironed out.   I agree that most are money makers but I'm willing to gamble this time.

• Like 1

Not that I'm aware of.  From the research I did, this was the main one that was highly recommended and had the best coverage.  This was from posts on the Corvette, Camaro and one other forum I can't remember reading from.  Like I said, with all the electronics and considering the brakes on these new trucks is now fly by wire so to speak.  Just to many things that can go wrong until they get ironed out.   I agree that most are money makers but I'm willing to gamble this time.
Right on sound like that one is worth picking up.

If gm picked a company and purchased one for every vehicle and tacked on the price it’d add 200 for a 100,000 mile warranty, similarly you routinely see dealer offer lifetime engine and powertrain warranties, I have a friend that owns a pretty big dealership, they get all their warranties through one company, they pay $129 per lifetime warranty, for every vehicle they sell

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/11/2020 at 9:43 AM, djw88 said:

Not true, with all the recalls and trouble that has been going on with each model year silverado it's just a life saver. I have  ALPHA Warranty Services, Inc. 5/100. It has already paid off for me. 

3 minutes ago, 14LTZ-1LZ said:

Not true, with all the recalls and trouble that has been going on with each model year silverado it's just a life saver. I have  ALPHA Warranty Services, Inc. 5/100. It has already paid off for me. 

facts don't lie. recalls are a non issue because the manufacturer has to fix it.

you are one of the few then, for the other 95% that never even use the extended warranty they bought its a waste. I strongly recommend against getting an extended warranty.

I have the GM extended warranty 7yr/100,000mile. Used to be called GMPP back in the day, now its complicated but backed/endorsed by GM direct from their website.

Read the "FINE" print, also note on all the levels of extended protection. 

https://www.gmc.com/protection/protection-plan

https://www.chevrolet.com/owners/warranty

Contract for complete details of these GM-endorsed products. Vehicle Service Contracts coverage is provided and administered by AMT Warranty Corp., P.O. Box 927, Bedford, TX 76095, (877) 265-1072 (except in Florida, the obligor/provider and administrator is Wesco Insurance Company, 59 Maiden Lane, 43rd Floor, New York, NY 10038, [866] 327-5818, LICENSE #01913). GAP Coverage is provided by the dealer/creditor and administered by AMT Warranty Corp., (877) 265-1166. AMT Warranty Corp. and Wesco Insurance Company are GM-preferred providers but are not related entities of GM or its dealerships. Roadside Assistance Services are provided by Nation Safe Drivers, 800 Yamato Road, Suite 100, Boca Raton, FL 33431 (except as otherwise noted for your state in the Terms and Conditions). In Texas, the excess wear and use provider is AMT Warranty Corp., 59 Maiden Lane, 43rd Floor, New York, NY 10038.

Edited by camcamaro1991