Advisory or recall

I was informed yesterday that my 2015 HD Silverado has a recall or advisory notice on the rear window defroster?  Anybody else been notified of this?  Is it going to burn up my truck if I don't get it fixed?  The dealership didn't really tell me much.  They called my wife and said I have an appointment there, but I've never done business with them.  I bought my truck from the previous dealership at that location, but I'm sure all the information the other dealer had went to this new dealer.

Yes,, Onstar's monthly diagnostics report told me there was an open recall for this on my 2017. I called dealer and they said, 30 min fix. 

Invoice says;

Inspect rear sliding window terminals and covers for damage,

Installed revised buss terminal and bar covers

Ps - Service manager said they have yet to find one that was damaged

• GM Program #:
  • N192265660
  • Date Issued:
  • Jan 07, 2020

Program Title:

Rear Window Defroster Thermal Events - US Only - Exp. 1/31/2022

Program Description:

Certain 2014-2019 model year Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra vehicles equipped with a power sliding rear window (RPO A48) may have areas of high electrical resistance on the rear defroster circuit. This could be caused, in part, by mechanical stress from opening and closing the rear power window, intrusion of debris, and use of the rear defroster. Over time, this condition could generate heat that could melt the areas surrounding the circuit. In rare instances, this heat could cause a non-propagating fire, increasing the risk of property damage or injury.

Repair Description:

Dealers will replace the buss bar covers and contact cover. If the rear window or sliding glass assembly appears damaged due to an occurrence of high electrical resistance on the rear defroster circuit, they should also be replaced.

Program Status: INCOMPLETE

Edited by elcamino
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, BigBadSierra said:

Of course this recall has been in Canada for awhile now and I've seen two people report the rear window exploded even after the fix was done.

The window explodes??

Edited by Chebbyfan

I pulled the fuse for the rear window defroster long ago. Rear window slide still works. Need to check if my tow mirrors are still defrosting....

It would be great if GM offered $$$ back for a feature we paid for but is defective and potentially dangerous.

But that ain't happening.

On 2/14/2020 at 8:19 AM, 2018GMC said:

I pulled the fuse for the rear window defroster long ago. Rear window slide still works. Need to check if my tow mirrors are still defrosting....

It would be great if GM offered $$$ back for a feature we paid for but is defective and potentially dangerous.

But that ain't happening.

The repair is available. 

Take it in.

20 hours ago, redwngr said:

The repair is available. 

Take it in.

In Canada ?? yes.

I’m in the USA ??

I haven’t received anything in the mail. 

I checked my vin with GM..

https://my.gm.com/recalls

Currently, there are no recalls or programs associated with your 2018 GMC Sierra LD Crew

• Results last updated: Feb 16, 2020
Edited by 2018GMC