Eibach ride-height adjustable leveling shocks?

Does anybody have experience with the Eibach ride-height adjustable front leveling shocks for our trucks? I had been waiting on Bilstein 5100's, but these caught my eye...

https://eibach.com/us/i-12054-pro-truck-sport-shock-ride-height-adjustable-single-front.html

Appear to be the same concept as the Bilsteins I had on my 2011 GMC.

Note: I found a few threads in the 2014-2018 forum, and I found where some 2019-20 T1 owners have used Eibachs, but I haven't found where any T1 owners have used the Eibach ride-height adjustables...

Thanks. 

Edited by UGAreb

First time poster here, been lurking for awhile.  I bought a 2019 LT Z71 a few months ago and absolutely hated the pogo stick bouncy ride whenever I'd hit consecutive large bumps at highway speed.  I bit the bullet and installed the Eibach RHA shocks a few weeks ago.  I set the adjusting clip on the third step from the bottom, which according to their documentation is supposed to give 1.2 to 1.7 inch lift.  Mine netted out at the high end of that scale, resulting in my measurements on the fenderwells being exactly even.  As far as the ride goes, it definitely stiffened it up.  It took care of that bouncy ride motion but now I feel smaller irregularities more than before.  It's not at all objectionable to me but it is a change.  The stock shocks were extremely plush and the truck floated like a 70s large luxury car, which was nice some of the time but downright dangerous whenever encountering those large consecutive bumps.  Where before a large bump would have the suspension moving up and down three times before settling, it now only moves once.  Much more controllable and safer feeling.  

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Gary Lamborn said:

First time poster here, been lurking for awhile.  I bought a 2019 LT Z71 a few months ago and absolutely hated the pogo stick bouncy ride whenever I'd hit consecutive large bumps at highway speed.  I bit the bullet and installed the Eibach RHA shocks a few weeks ago.  I set the adjusting clip on the third step from the bottom, which according to their documentation is supposed to give 1.2 to 1.7 inch lift.  Mine netted out at the high end of that scale, resulting in my measurements on the fenderwells being exactly even.  As far as the ride goes, it definitely stiffened it up.  It took care of that bouncy ride motion but now I feel smaller irregularities more than before.  It's not at all objectionable to me but it is a change.  The stock shocks were extremely plush and the truck floated like a 70s large luxury car, which was nice some of the time but downright dangerous whenever encountering those large consecutive bumps.  Where before a large bump would have the suspension moving up and down three times before settling, it now only moves once.  Much more controllable and safer feeling.  

Thanks for posting, Gary! That’s exactly the info I was looking for. I was wondering, if I bought them, which adjustment step would be best to set the clip at. My Sierra X31 crew cab is exactly 2” lower in front than In back. I was conflicted between the third and fourth settings. If you have a Z71 crew cab, I assume your suspension is identical to mine. The third notch sounds like the ticket to avoid a front end-high situation. 

• Like 1

Yes, mine was actually 1.75" higher in the rear, and as I said it now sits exactly level.  It's interesting because my son thinks it's just a little bit nose-high but measurements show it to be even.  Optical illusion I guess, but I am thinking about putting a one inch block on the rear just to restore a slight bit of rake.

• Like 1

On 2/18/2020 at 8:59 PM, Gary Lamborn said:

did you use stock springs or eibachs?

I talked to them on Friday, says theyre done but there is something wrong with paperwork or something, he going to call me tomorrow after he talks to dude in charge of this kit.....crazy how long some companies are taking getting this stuff out, i guess they aren't big sellers.....if it was new Tacoma everyone would have it done ASAP....

• 1 year later...

Looking for some help here: I have a 2019 crew LT z71. I want to level but avoid any nose up. Planning to do eibach adjustable shocks. My question is getting the level height right. When comparing to many on the threads (non trail boss or at4) my factory stance seems much different in existing rake and ride height. Currently ground to rear measures at 38 7/8 and front 37 3/4. Roughly 1 1/8” different. Same tire to fender rear 7 1/4 and front 6 1/2. I have about 20k mi so maybe some settling in. I’m concerned the adjustable setting on the shocks putting me at 1.7” could get me nose high. Of course I could add a block to the rear though trying to get it right with the front level. Were others this close on ride height and successful with a 1.5” or in this case 1.7” level? There is one lower setting on the eibach, but doesn’t seem right to do all the effort for .07”. Welcoming any helpful input here. Thank you. 

Rear blocks are almost always installed when leveling the front end.  Since rear blocks are so cheap, nearly inconsequential to overall costs, most people raise the front to their desired height then purchase the appropriate sized rear block to get the amount of rake(level) that they want.  My suggestion would be to measure the height of your front fender, add that dimension to whatever size lift/level you are installing, then compare that combined total height to the height of your rear fender to get an idea of what size block you will want in the rear.  If you raise the front 2 inches, most will put at least a 1" block in the rear to compensate.  I installed the Eibach system in my non-TB Z71(shocks and springs up front with shocks in the rear) and wound up using a 2" block in the back to make it somewhat level.  

You should anticipate purchasing rear blocks anytime you level/lift your truck, and use the rear blocks as the means by which you actually "level" the truck once you know how high you want the front.

Edited by Gangly

• 1 month later...