Been trying to decide which intake to do. I've always been a K&N guy and nearly went with them again until I had someone recommend S&B they weren't sure if they made one for the T1s yet but they do. She's a sexy beast and the filter that comes with it is gigantic! Sound is amazing you can hear her sucking all that air. 

20200223_173557.jpg

• Like 1

It can use up to 3 places to get air from. These on the side that pulls from the headlight/wheel well, the factory location, and there is a big panel on the side that pulls from the engine bay if I'm not mistaken but it does come with a cover for that one if you live in dusty or warmer environments. 

20200223_173607.jpg

It's legitimately huge (yes those are 5 gallon buckets it's nearly as tall as one) I wasnt sure it would fit until it did. 

Here's a link to it for the 6.2L version. 

https://www.sbfilters.com/cold-air-intakes/silverado-sierra-1500-intake-75-5128?variant_id=431

20200223_161420.jpg

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Dick Messerly said:

Been trying to decide which intake to do. I've always been a K&N guy and nearly went with them again until I had someone recommend S&B they weren't sure if they made one for the T1s yet but they do. She's a sexy beast and the filter that comes with it is gigantic! Sound is amazing you can hear her sucking all that air. 

20200223_173557.jpg

Wanted to get this but they are out of stock

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Gerstein1989 said:

Ya I got the 5.3. there website says it’s the same system for the 6.2 or the 5.3. It’s weird it says out of stock but let’s you add to cart

That is weird I got mine from a local dealer for them. Might want to give that a try. 

11 minutes ago, Dick Messerly said:

That is weird I got mine from a local dealer for them. Might want to give that a try. 

I ended up finding it online. Could only find one store with stock. Do you find you get better fuel economy with it ?

1 minute ago, Gerstein1989 said:

I ended up finding it online. Could only find one store with stock. Do you find you get better fuel economy with it ?

Only had it for 1 day now and have found myself "getting on it" more to hear that roar ?? I can't imagine it would affect the fuel economy that much but I'll update after a week or so with my findings. 

• 3 months later...
On 2/24/2020 at 1:56 AM, Dick Messerly said:

Only had it for 1 day now and have found myself "getting on it" more to hear that roar ?? I can't imagine it would affect the fuel economy that much but I'll update after a week or so with my findings. 

Have you got a check air filter system error. Mine popped up a couple days ago can’t figure out how to clear it. 

You have to go into your settings on the dash using your toggle buttons on the steering wheel. Find the air filter and select it to disable it.

BTW. I am ordering my S & B intake tomorrow. I had one on my 2018 Sierra and I loved it. The fit and finish is excellent and I did a lot of research on CAI, and they allow the most air to the engine. They don't claim HP/TQ numbers like others, but they claim the most air flow, and like the pictures show, the air filter is ginormous!

Just installed mine last night. WOW! Directions are crystal clear, install took less than an hour, and it looks fantastic! The sound is incredible. If you DON'T want to hear it sucking air when you get on the gas, this intake is NOT for you.

I had an S&B on my 2006 2500HD, as well as my 2018 Denali and both were great!

Intake.jpg

• Like 2