2015 6.2 L86 E85 dyno tune numbers

2 hours ago, kgkern01 said:

True, I’m sure dialing back the torque management in the tune helped quite a bit, but the (estimated) extra 35rwhp/45rwtq from the E85 part of it didn’t hurt lol.

Can you dial back the torque management with just an ECM tune or do you need to be able to tune the trans? My trans is locked :(

Edited by paracutin

HP Tuners can do 2017+ TCM's. So you do have that option for those that wish to pay for it.

Yes, some torque mgnt can be touched on only the engine side but what you have to know is that the E92 is a torque based computer. So you can't go through and just max out all the tables because it's not possible to produce some gigantic value that you plug in.

I barely touch TM when I do these trucks. The majority of the changes come from power enrichment settings, how quickly it enters PE and the fueling that goes along with it. Some timing changes down low to help it out and maybe a little driver demand tweak to make the pedal feel better. Obviously this is just a general overview, it's deeper than just this but I just can't type out what I do with a mouse lol.

On 2/26/2020 at 11:16 PM, CamGTP said:

HP Tuners can do 2017+ TCM's. So you do have that option for those that wish to pay for it.

Yes, some torque mgnt can be touched on only the engine side but what you have to know is that the E92 is a torque based computer. So you can't go through and just max out all the tables because it's not possible to produce some gigantic value that you plug in.

I barely touch TM when I do these trucks. The majority of the changes come from power enrichment settings, how quickly it enters PE and the fueling that goes along with it. Some timing changes down low to help it out and maybe a little driver demand tweak to make the pedal feel better. Obviously this is just a general overview, it's deeper than just this but I just can't type out what I do with a mouse lol.

My tuner said the same, that he doesn’t really mess with Torque Management on these trucks much either.

Impressive. 50hp gain over stock with 91 unleaded. Wish they would sell E85 in Canada but we don't produce enough corn that we can turn it into fuel and also export for food. They tried it for a few years then cancelled the program. C16 race fuel or100LL Av Gas is all we have. 

• 2 months later...

So the guy that tuned my 6.2, just tuned a bone stock 6.2 on 93 octane, and my truck has just a cold air intake, heavier Ridge Grapplers, and the E85 conversion, and the bone stock after tuning the stock truck made 358rwhp/405 rwtq, mine made 380 rwhp/435 rwtq (on 65% ethanol per the sensor).  So a gain of 22rwhp/30rwtq.  The extra 30ft/lb of torque is noticeable.  Since the tune I have been running E85 exclusively, except for a road trip I went on a couple weeks ago, I ran 93.  The lesser torque was noticeable on the 93.

• 2 months later...

My 16 6.2 8 speed Midnight Z71, has the DSX E85 kit. I’m running ARH 1 7/8 LT with cats, Corsa catback, and Blackhawk CAI. I have an early 8 speed so tune was able to be done. I’ve done a gear change to 3.73. Running 22 in OEM wheels on 305 Toyo Proxes. Haven’t yet dyno’d the truck but have ran my SS sedan (LS3 6.2 Holden) from a dig against the truck and they’re nose and nose to about 60-65. SS is stock and rated at 0-60 in 4.5-4.7 sec. The E85 wakes these 6.2’s up, there’s no doubt. When I get an upgraded driveshaft on, I’ll dyno.