Custom silverado mirror upgrade..??

1 hour ago, Flatblack83 said:

I like the signal, auto dimming features.

The lights on the front of the mirrors aren’t turn signals, they are spot lights. Only the gigantic towing mirrors have turn signals in them.

Haven’t seen anyone do what you’re attempting but can 100% guarantee it ain’t plug and play because nothing is on these trucks. Adding options after the fact is never easy and sometimes impossible.

Just now, OnTheReel said:

The lights on the front of the mirrors aren’t turn signals, they are spot lights. Only the gigantic towing mirrors have turn signals in them.

Haven’t seen anyone do what you’re attempting but can 100% guarantee it ain’t plug and play because nothing is on these trucks. Adding options after the fact is never easy and sometimes impossible.

I added the oem fog lights, painted mirror caps, auto dimming mirror, console lid and now the full led headlights, grill and harness...so far so good. But those were easy ones.  The mirrors I know the light on the front is like an entry light when unlock the doors and the auto dimming is nice too. They are nice but not really needed. My custom is fine now as is...just an idea.

3 minutes ago, Flatblack83 said:

I added the oem fog lights, painted mirror caps, auto dimming mirror, console lid and now the full led headlights, grill and harness...so far so good. But those were easy ones.  The mirrors I know the light on the front is like an entry light when unlock the doors and the auto dimming is nice too. They are nice but not really needed. My custom is fine now as is...just an idea.

The lights on the front don’t come on when you unlock. They only come on with the switch on the dash, and only in park. They are actually pretty much useless. There are puddle lights that shine the ground when you unlock or get out, but that’s it.

Anything needing a BCM reflash, like the folding mirrors...usually a dead end...but good luck.

Just now, OnTheReel said:

The lights on the front don’t come on when you unlock. They only come on with the switch on the dash, and only in park. They are actually pretty much useless. There are puddle lights that shine the ground when you unlock or get out, but that’s it.

Anything needing a BCM reflash, like the folding mirrors...usually a dead end...but good luck.

Thanks for clearing that up,I appreciate the info.

Here’s what I’m thinking of trying. I have the basic Custom door mirrors without task lighting. Not that I think I’d use the task lighting much, but I think those mirrors look much better, and plan on painting the mirror caps to match my truck in Northsky Blue, which are not available off the shelf. There does not appear to be different door wiring harnesses between the Custom mirrors and the basic task lighting mirrors from what I have seen on parts lists, so I assume that the wiring harnesses are the same. If anyone has more detail on this please let me know. Now, I am also planning on adding the fog light kit. I am going on the assumption I can get the switch set for With task lighting and when I have the dealership reflash the fog lights then, if they weren’t plug and play, the task lights on the mirrors as well. Anyway, that’s my plan. Am I being naive? I don’t know if there is a different wiring harness to that switch. At this point all variables are in the wiring harnesses.

• 1 month later...

Going to do a test in a day or so, I picked up a set of mirrors with task lighting pretty cheap. I got the light switch too for it too, I'm wondering is the wiring there for it....it's a cross my fingers deal.  Would be nice since I have the power tailgate, bed lights, tailgate light etc.

I did the led lt headlight and grill upgrade and ll od that works perfect. The drl goes out with the turn signal too.

On 5/1/2020 at 2:42 PM, Flatblack83 said:

I changed the switch and both mirror heads today, they don't work. Supposedly I can get the harness to make them work. I'll know for sure later today.

32289.jpeg

Did you go

for power folding? No dice on getting it to work? (Also, we Appreciate you doing all this testing for us all!)

2 minutes ago, 2019Custom said:

Did you go

for power folding? No dice on getting it to work? (Also, we Appreciate you doing all this testing for us all!)

These aren't power folding, sorry.   These are just self dimming, task light and blind spot.  The power and self dimming work, task lights even with the switch do not. Looking into that tho, not sure if they can be turned on in the bcm or do I need a harness.  As for the blind spot there's alot to that so that's out..lol.

I was so glad to get the scratched mirror and the drivers stock mirror has that little mirror in the corner. I hated it..lol

I figured out how to make the lights work in the mirrors, they can be turn signal or come on when you unlock it.  Between the doors there's a cap. It has a bunch of terminals in that spot.  I'd imagine it would be better when you unlock or use the cab light.  Thinking about it, its not going to be easy to make the light color match the led turn signals.

Edited by Flatblack83

• 1 year later...

Do they work with your fog lights? There are two different part numbers for fogs depending on the switch inside the truck.

I know you upgraded your lights, did that include the fogs? Did you replace the switch?

I want to add these mirrors, but I want to make sure the fogs will still work.

Sorry for adding to an old post, but this is the most on topic I could find.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/8/2020 at 8:09 PM, Flatblack83 said:

What’s the part number for the auto-dimming mirror??