KARNUT

And the USA takes the lead! 

82,404 US
81,782 China
80,589 Italy
56,347 Spain
43,646 Germany
29,551 France
Its impossible for China not to have had hundreds of millions infected - millions were bolting wuhan weeks before the shut down jan 23. This has not just begun. Testing just began, but the virus has been around us for months now infecting almost everyone. You will be told this later. Stop watching the news (just stick with local for weather). They are not correctly testing all people - only the sick - and they are assuming a virus somehow waited until now to start spreading (maybe it hung out at the viral lounge). Gotta see bright side. I got in on a nice energy fund a few days ago, and its doing really well. Gotta love driving to work in this post Thanos snap traffic with gas at a bone fiddy. Pollution is way down helping to keep copd patients off the edge and out of the hospital.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

• Like 3

1 hour ago, KARNUT said:

If you’re at risk stay home.

The problem with this simplifying logic is that it works for broken bones but doesn't work for infectious disease.

If you are at risk, yes stay home.  And make sure everyone you interact with stays home too.  Ok well you need to eat and you need supplies.

So those people can't stay home away from you.  Well now who do those people interact with?  I guess they all better stay home.

Don't be dumb.  Stay home.  Because everyone knows someone who is at risk.  If you care and don't want to lose them, stay home, and

encourage everyone else to stay home too.

But hey, call it a leftist conspiracy, whatever.  The demographic at risk is mostly in the right.  The demographic most likely to put them at risk is also in the right.

?

-Daver

• Like 1

The problem with this simplifying logic is that it works for broken bones but doesn't work for infectious disease.

If you are at risk, yes stay home.  And make sure everyone you interact with stays home too.  Ok well you need to eat and you need supplies.
So those people can't stay home away from you.  Well now who do those people interact with?  I guess they all better stay home.

Don't be dumb.  Stay home.  Because everyone knows someone who is at risk.  If you care and don't want to lose them, stay home, and
encourage everyone else to stay home too.

But hey, call it a leftist conspiracy, whatever.  The demographic at risk is mostly in the right.  The demographic most likely to put them at risk is also in the right.
[emoji85]

-Daver

Ha Ha funny. One of the positive things about being in business you have an open mind. We wouldn’t have lasted past the seventies with a closed mind. Myself, my wife, one kid and some of my grandchildren are high risk. A simple cold or flu could do us in. Do we stay at home? No! We survive in high risk world daily. It called living and hygiene.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10 minutes ago, KARNUT said:

Ha Ha funny. One of the positive things about being in business you have an open mind. We wouldn’t have lasted past the seventies with a closed mind. Myself, my wife, one kid and some of my grandchildren are high risk. A simple cold or flu could do us in. Do we stay at home? No! We survive in high risk world daily. It called living and hygiene.

I'm really happy for you honestly, but your casual disregard for the safety of others is pretty obnoxious honestly.  It's not just about you and yours.  It's about helping make sure others don't get it.

It's about making sure that the people that do get it and need a respirator have one available.  Because you aren't using it yourself.  Because you stayed home.

-Daver

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Texas Daddy said:

Its impossible for China not to have had hundreds of millions infected - millions were bolting wuhan weeks before the shut down jan 23. This has not just begun. Testing just began, but the virus has been around us for months now infecting almost everyone. You will be told this later. Stop watching the news (just stick with local for weather). They are not correctly testing all people - only the sick - and they are assuming a virus somehow waited until now to start spreading (maybe it hung out at the viral lounge). Gotta see bright side. I got in on a nice energy fund a few days ago, and its doing really well. Gotta love driving to work in this post Thanos snap traffic with gas at a bone fiddy. Pollution is way down helping to keep copd patients off the edge and out of the hospital.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

I like your style SON!  You are 100% correct on this......Crazy, what the US has turned into

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Silverado4x4 said:

I just want to start seeing the media post case that people came out ok after the virus but they wont due to it being good news. But I think the people that got it 98% are ok and the other already had problems to begin with just like the flu does. Iam getting tired of all this bullshit screw all you people that think the world is coming to an end and open the country up and lets get back to work.

Agree with this.  I've been asking my wife for at least a week, why don't they show more details on those that recovered?  What was the duration, how severe or mild were the cases, can we create a herd immunity, etc...There would be less fear and panic if people had this information as well.  

• Like 1

I'm really happy for you honestly, but your casual disregard for the safety of others is pretty obnoxious honestly.  It's not just about you and yours.  It's about helping make sure others don't get it.

It's about making sure that the people that do get it and need a respirator have one available.  Because you aren't using it yourself.  Because you stayed home.

-Daver

No, it’s about the curve. Spreading out the curve. Slowing things down. This will come back in force next year. If the heat beats it back like the flu. If not enough people get it this year to build some kind of immunity. If It’s possible. Being nasty doesn’t help anyone, if you disagree fine. You’re side always does that, the name calling etc. The flu kills the weak, elderly every year. This is simply to flatten the curve, that’s it.

10 minutes ago, KARNUT said:

No, it’s about the curve. Spreading out the curve. Slowing things down. This will come back in force next year. If the heat beats it back like the flu. If not enough people get it this year to build some kind of immunity. If It’s possible. Being nasty doesn’t help anyone, if you disagree fine. You’re side always does that, the name calling etc. The flu kills the weak, elderly every year. This is simply to flatten the curve, that’s it.

"You're side" The side that cares about more Americans than necessary dying from this disease?

Why do we need to flatten the curve?  So more people than necessary don't have to die.  So hospital beds and respirators stay available to treat those that need them.

How do we flatten the curve?  We stay home.

• Like 1

"You're side" The side that cares about more Americans than necessary dying from this disease?

Why do we need to flatten the curve?  So more people than necessary don't have to die.  So hospital beds and respirators stay available to treat those that need them.

Make sure you remind us next year when the flu comes around. With a yearly kill rate of 20-60K KILL rate a year. Between December to March. We should stay home then too. I already know that’s when I have to be extra careful. As millions do with seasonal asthma.

19 minutes ago, Daverado said:

Let's all stay home for another month!  Maybe get back to working in Early May?  You want to guarantee that those shelves you see in the supermarket are forever bare?  The real problem comes after the USA is idled for another month or whatever you people deem necessary.  Remember all the countries idled almost all with negative interest rates?  You ain't seen nothing yet on FEAR LEVEL or ANIMALISTIC BEHAVIOR if you all stay home for another MONTH!  It's predicated on debt..we just DEBTED up another 2Trillion...your all looking down the barrel of GUN!  Keep the USA CLOSED FOR ANTOTHER MONTH OR WHATEVER YOU DEEM NECESSARY!

THE GREAT DEBT BUBBLE WILL BE EVERYBODY'S PROBLEM.....and little OL' Virus will be the least of your worries all for 5-8k USA deaths and Globally 30-50k.....TOTALLY WORTH IT! 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, KARNUT said:

Make sure you remind us next year when the flu comes around. With a yearly kill rate of 20-60K KILL rate a year. Between December to March. We should stay home then too. I already know that’s when I have to be extra careful. As millions do with seasonal asthma.

We take precautions when the flu comes around.  We get our flu shots in very large numbers to create herd immunity.

Why?  A few reasons.  First, so we don't get the disease.  Second, so others are protected as much as possible when we do get it.  Many people never get it but get their shot anyway.  Because it helps prevent more people than necessary from dying.

There is no COVID-19 vaccine available yet.  Perhaps next year there will be.  Next year we might indeed go through all this again, but we'll still have the advantage of having the same beds and respirators available to treat the sick.

Calling this just another flu is ignoring pretty basic facts honestly.

Edited by Daverado
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, mookdoc6 said:

Let's all stay home for another month!  Maybe get back to working in Early May?  You want to guarantee that those shelves you see in the supermarket are forever bare?  The real problem comes after the USA is idled for another month or whatever you people deem necessary.  Remember all the countries idled almost all with negative interest rates?  You ain't seen nothing yet on FEAR LEVEL or ANIMALISTIC BEHAVIOR if you all stay home for another MONTH!  It's predicated on debt..we just DEBTED up another 2Trillion...your all looking down the barrel of GUN!  Keep the USA CLOSED FOR ANTOTHER MONTH OR WHATEVER YOU DEEM NECESSARY!

THE GREAT DEBT BUBBLE WILL BE EVERYBODY'S PROBLEM.....and little OL' Virus will be the least of your worries all for 5-8k USA deaths and Globally 30-50k.....TOTALLY WORTH IT! 

It's not a black and white situation, right?  Supermarkets are still open for business right now.  Essential services are still in business even in the areas with shelter-in-place orders, like where I live currently.  The country is not "closed" by any stretch of the imagination.

So yes, it's a very good idea for as many people as possible to stay home for another month, minimum.  Because there are plenty of us who cannot, for one reason or another.  As good Americans, we ought to make sacrifices for our less fortunate brethren.  Yes, I understand this is not the great America it used to be when we used to make such sacrifices for each other.  Maybe one day we'll be so great again.

We take precautions when the flu comes around.  We get our flu shots in very large numbers to create herd immunity.

Why?  A few reasons.  First, so we don't get the disease.  Second, so others are protected as much as possible when we do get it.  Many people never get it but get their shot anyway.  Because it helps prevent more people than necessary from dying.

There is no COVID-19 vaccine available yet.  Perhaps next year there will be.  Next year we might indeed go through all this again, but we'll still have the advantage of having the same beds and respirators available to treat the sick.

Calling this just another flu is ignoring pretty basic facts honestly.

Last time with you. You do realize the effectiveness of the flu shot was 19 percent last year? 41 percent this? Good luck with that. We’re at 30K deaths with the flu this year. Doesn’t that make you feel gooood. We need to stay home during Christmas through March. You know why? I’ll tell you. Christmas is the reason for the spread. Maybe we should cancel that too. For our own good. That’s when we infect grandma. Maybe we should ask her. You PC people crack me up. Good day.

Just now, KARNUT said:

Last time with you. You do realize the effectiveness of the flu shot was 19 percent last year? 41 percent this? Good luck with that. We’re at 30K deaths with the flu this year. Doesn’t that make you feel gooood. We need to stay home during Christmas through March. You know why? I’ll tell you. Christmas is the reason for the spread. Maybe we should cancel that too. For our own good. That’s when we infect grandma. Maybe we should ask her. You PC people crack me up. Good day.

It does make me feel good honestly.  How many Americans didn't die unnecessarily because of that 19% and 41%?

What is one American life worth?

• Like 2

It does make me feel good honestly.  How many Americans didn't die unnecessarily because of that 19% and 41%?

What is one American life worth?

Really last time. Not financial Armageddon, that affects lots more.