Coronavirus

KARNUT

49 minutes ago, KARNUT said:

Several news organizations print and televised have discredited the WHO and China numbers. The CDC was slow to the picture too. I read everything. I’m maybe too much of optimists. Running the numbers out don’t match what’s being reported, yet. Otherwise one more month isn’t enough. That’s really unthinkable. I prefer to stay optimistic to the bitter end. Otherwise no ones pension is safe. Even social security. It’s just two weeks to the truth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can get somebody to discredit anybody. But the WHO? 

Here's the thing. Let's say your right. Question:

Would China manipulate the numbers to show a death rate that was 4 to 8 times higher than the rest of the world is hoping for? Remember ALL their Confirmed cases are 95.5% resolved. They don't have to guess and could say whatever they please. Why brag you are the worst ever? Does that make sense?

The US has a 6.1% resolution. (as of NOW). On just that percentage of resolution the US death rate is 2.4% of all confirmed cases. Less than a week ago the brag was UNDER 1%. We have 94% more cases to take to a conclusion. Exactly opposite China.

I trust their rearview mirror numbers more than I would believe grossly understated data based on a 5% sample.

They've counted all the chips and are sweeping up the floor.

Total population of USA, Germany, Italy, France and Spain is roughly 583 million people 42% of China

Total deaths for the same countries is 36,759. China, 3,322.

So far these 5 countries combine deaths are 11 X higher than China.  Europe has an 18% case resolution, US 6%. We have a Looooooooooong way to go before we can say what is or isn't.

It looks as of now we could add 5,000 to 8,000 more cases today....in ADDTION to yesterdays total. We are still accelerating. A moon shot. 

Not sure what two weeks is going to tell us until they to are in the rearview mirror. IF you don't trust the numbers as they are crunched, then the final count is all you will ever be sure of...….maybe....  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Grumpy Bear said:

No I don't have any trouble at all.

It's WHO information.

Born in 50's and arriving during the reconstruction of the far east we laughed at the entire Asian population as being backward and ignorant. I remember opening up friction cars and seeing Libby's on the inside. Now just about everything they do is better than what than west is WILLING to do. Half of GM is built in China. Our best cars, bikes, bearings, silicon tech....all far east. Hey, over 80% of our manufacturing is in China. Somebody trust them :)

Given their current COVID track record maybe asking for some help might make sense.

?

At least copy the plan. Gezzzzz.  

I resemble that born in the 50's.  Help you say, Cuomo said this morning that all the N95s that everyone is bidding on is coming from China.  I saw the New England Patriots private jet land in Boston full of N95s, straight from China.  Corporate America let this genie out of the bottle and we live too large to put it back.  So we can bash China all we want and it may sound or feel good, but our economy has been interwoven into the fabric of China.

• Like 1

Hebrews 11:6 has this to say about belief:

New King James Version
But without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him.

Then continues in 2 Timothy 3:16

New American Standard Bible
All Scripture is inspired by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, for training in righteousness;

Why would I point this out? 

Everyone believes in something. Even those that say they believe in nothing. The controversy over the data isn't a controversy of data but of belief in data period. Problem is this. Reality doesn't care about beliefs. A hot stove burns the believer and the one who denies it's hot the same. Only belief AND ACTION in accordance with that belief prevent the burns.

All said and done it matters little whether the MR is 1 or 10 to anyone but those that morn the dead. The dead are dead and morn nothing at all.  

Ecclesiastes 9:5 reads:

English Standard Version
For the living know that they will die, but the dead know nothing, and they have no more reward, for the memory of them is forgotten.

I'm watching WGN Chicago tonight. Mayor Lightfoot has closed the entire lake front and yet people rebel, congregating in droves, restless and disbelieving.

If this is about American Government then why does the entire world react the same to the disease?????? 

• Like 1

You can get somebody to discredit anybody. But the WHO? 

Here's the thing. Let's say your right. Question:

Would China manipulate the numbers to show a death rate that was 4 to 8 times higher than the rest of the world is hoping for? Remember ALL their Confirmed cases are 95.5% resolved. They don't have to guess and could say whatever they please. Why brag you are the worst ever? Does that make sense?

The US has a 6.1% resolution. (as of NOW). On just that percentage of resolution the US death rate is 2.4% of all confirmed cases. Less than a week ago the brag was UNDER 1%. We have 94% more cases to take to a conclusion. Exactly opposite China.

I trust their rearview mirror numbers more than I would believe grossly understated data based on a 5% sample.

They've counted all the chips and are sweeping up the floor.

Total population of USA, Germany, Italy, France and Spain is roughly 583 million people 42% of China

Total deaths for the same countries is 36,759. China, 3,322.

So far these 5 countries combine deaths are 11 X higher than China.  Europe has an 18% case resolution, US 6%. We have a Looooooooooong way to go before we can say what is or isn't.

It looks as of now we could add 5,000 to 8,000 more cases today....in ADDTION to yesterdays total. We are still accelerating. A moon shot. 

Not sure what two weeks is going to tell us until they to are in the rearview mirror. IF you don't trust the numbers as they are crunched, then the final count is all you will ever be sure of...….maybe....  

The reason we’re seeing these numbers now are obvious. The numbers reflect people who were told nothing to worry about from their local leaders in New York and about two weeks later in New Orleans. They’re the people who are sick and dying now. In Houston they stopped the livestock show and rodeo when the first case showed up there. We’re doing much better here. In two weeks the first cases in these areas will move through and we should see a decline in numbers. As gloves and masks become more available we should be able to move about and maybe start to get back to normal. As far as China is concerned and the WHO. If they were honest and on their game. We would not be in this position. We’re not going to agree on this. The WHO originally was soft on this and praised China’s response. After we close our boarders to them. They were still sending their people abroad. Not good.

So...…….....what can WE do to survive and overcome this, no matter where it has come from?

Will our faith alone get us through, or is some kind of action required of us, as well as our neighbors, to continue on successfully forward?

I guess the answer is within our belief system and what we are led to do.

I wish you all success. 

China’s (surprise) announcement. Second wave coming. Really surprised? Two things quarantine can accomplish. Buy time for a possible medical mitigation. The other, learn to live with it. Gloves,hygiene, etc. Like any war. We dug the trenches. Time to face the enemy in three weeks.

4 hours ago, BigBlueLB756 said:

Will our faith alone get us through, or is some kind of action required of us, as well as our neighbors, to continue on successfully forward?

I won't speak on the faith piece 'cause it's too varied in this country.  As recent as last week you had religious leaders conducting services in mass church settings.  I think I heard they are now locked up.  But the "correct action" at this point is the right answer.  By now there is enough info around the world to know the correct action.  No excuse for folks in America. 

When all this started, I looked into my crystal ball and asked what to do about Covid-19, here is what it told me.  Distance, shielding, and limit the people going out and coming in to the house.  It's been spot on so far.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, KARNUT said:

Several news organizations print and televised have discredited the WHO and China numbers. 

Don't know why this didn't slap me in the face when I read it the first time. That's your trusted source? 

Johns Hopkins numbers come from: (from their site's FAQ)

The data sources include the World Health Organization, the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the European Center for Disease Prevention and Control, the National Health Commission of the People’s Republic of China, 1point3acres, Worldometers.info, BNO, state and national government health departments, local media reports, and the DXY, one of the world’s largest online communities for physicians, health care professionals, pharmacies and facilities

You are right. We are not going to agree on this. I'm going to continue to give more weight to Webster's Dictionary than some kids street slang.  

6 hours ago, BigBlueLB756 said:

So...…….....what can WE do to survive and overcome this, no matter where it has come from?

I wish you all success. 

When King Hezekiah saw Assyria's King Sennacherib's power and intentions on leveling Jerusalem he knew God would fight for him. God told him he would.  But note 2 Chronicles chapter 32 account of events. 

Hezekiah took all reasonable precautions and did everything he could to protect the people...then left it in God's hands.

So yes, action is required. All reasonable precautions taken. After that...…. It a good read. Parallel account in 2Kings chapters 18 & 19. You have time now for such things. 

Don't know why this didn't slap me in the face when I read it the first time. That's your trusted source? 

Johns Hopkins numbers come from: (from their site's FAQ)

The data sources include the World Health Organization, the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the European Center for Disease Prevention and Control, the National Health Commission of the People’s Republic of China, 1point3acres, Worldometers.info, BNO, state and national government health departments, local media reports, and the DXY, one of the world’s largest online communities for physicians, health care professionals, pharmacies and facilities

You are right. We are not going to agree on this. I'm going to continue to give more weight to Webster's Dictionary than some kids street slang.  

I don’t make this stuff up. No reason too. I saw the early WHO presser. Just today several members of congress stated the WHO is going to be investigated for early statements ( maybe covering up) just how bad this was. That’s just one of the early statements I relied on starting this thread. Like I said before I read everything.

I don’t make this stuff up. No reason too. I saw the early WHO presser. Just today several members of congress stated the WHO is going to be investigated for early statements ( maybe covering up) just how bad this was. That’s just one of the early statements I relied on starting this thread. Like I said before I read everything.

The street slang statement isn’t helpful and unnecessary.

53 minutes ago, The Zip said:

When you are in a position of authority, decisions have to be made.  I've been involved with the military for 40 yrs, when lives are at stake, incompetence is not an option.

The Navy Captain being fired for raising the Covid 19 flag on his ship, knew he was going to be fired.  Anyone involved with the military knew this would happen.  But to my point, when you are in a position of authority and lives are at stake, don't delegate responsibility.  Make the decision.  Thank you Capt Crozier for being fired, job well done. 

• Like 1