Coronavirus

KARNUT

11 minutes ago, mikedeezxxx said:

Obviously it’s not up to Trump. If it was, there would be no shut down of anything. He would have let it run its course. The amount of dead people won’t equal what this has done to our economy. Besides, most people that are dying from this were gonna die soon anyways. Most people getting this are recovered or are recovering now.

I keep seeing people say things like this, then the statistics exceed what they expected pretty consistently.

You don't know how many will have died until its done.  So the value you put on that loss of life is meaningless.

It's also true that I don't know how many will die as a result of the economic disaster.  But part of being human is and has always been that we save the people we can save when we can.

Thankfully the "let them all die" folks are usually ignored.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, mikedeezxxx said:

Besides, most people that are dying from this were gonna die soon anyways.

Hey man, that's cold let them die attitude.  But social media emboldens a person to voice that point of view.  If you have to be hospitalized for C-19 symptoms, make sure you tell them your point of view so they can give your ventilator to someone else.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, The Zip said:

Hey man, that's cold let them die attitude.  But social media emboldens a person to voice that point of view.  If you have to be hospitalized for C-19 symptoms, make sure you tell them your point of view so they can give your ventilator to someone else.

Yeah, the problem with that point of view really is that it works the other way around as well.

If people die because of poverty/the economy/insolvency, then they were probably going to die anyway.

So that point of view really just simplifies to not bothering to ever help anyone ever.

Which is inhumane, or just psychotic.

• Like 1

But part of being human is and has always been that we save the people we can save when we can.

Thankfully the "let them all die" folks are usually ignored.

Really, there is your "Classic" true American  Hypocritical ignorant comment!

Chinese Virus has a major foothold on.....Syrian Armed Forces tearing through the ranks heading all the way to the top...Bashar al-Assad.  Let's save em right DAVE?  Hypothetical but probable?

SO DAVE? Dave being part of the Solution your gonna save em or is DAVE going to be a "Let them all die" FOLK?

Just like NY needs 30K ventilators?   Keep spewing the garbage.......Turn your CNN off DAVE and comeback to EARTH!

Edited by mookdoc6
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

For everyone that thinks my “let them die” comment is harsh, I apologize. But that’s keeping it real. Everybody is gonna die at some point. Life is not forever. It’s just how many lives do you save to just cause other problems that will result in loss of life or even worse, Full on Anarchy. I don’t believe anything I hear on the news. I can’t see from the numbers of deaths that we are at currently is going to reach the 100,000 numbers. And Dave, it’s not your fault you think the way you do. Watching all that news is brain washing you. They are lying to you my man. I’m done with this thread. Now back to all things Chevy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

People, please we can disagree with the holier than thou attitude. If people have been paying attention. This whole exercise is about not overwhelming the hospitals. Saving lives is part of the mix too. Buying time for mitigation with medications. This is a bug. Anyone who ventures out will probably get it eventually. Every one could have acted faster. No one wants to change the status quo. Even coming out of quarantine is going to be ruff for some. It’s not going to be as bad as predicted. It’s still bad. The flu is bad. I never knew the flu was so bad. We’ll get through it. Our life wouldn’t be the same. We’ll definitely be more aware. Let’s act like adults.

Using the CDC figures as a comparison, the good old regular flu is much more deadly than this pandemic as far as total cases and total deaths so far.  And (hopefully) we've all had our flu shots.  But the pandemic is much more worrisome because there's no vaccine available yet.

Remember the Asian flu epidemic way back in 1957?  

3 minutes ago, Grumpy Bear said:

Here's something not on the CDC that I know for a FACT!

My yard has never looked so good this early in the season.

:jester:

I'm right there with you, never had such a head start on the yard work.

• Like 1

She Who Must Be Obeyed said I can sleep in the back of the truck if I want to get an early start in the morning on those flower beds.  Just no power equipment until 9:30 or so.

Corina, Corina.

6 hours ago, Daverado said:

By mid-January we had it in this country.  It took two months from there before Trump took it seriously.  Our own American leadership is failing us when we need it most and you're worried about CHINA?  Please.  We need to stop trying to save face ourselves first.  Be part of the solution.

Oh bah humbug.  Any leader would have done the same. 

24 minutes ago, Colossus said:

Oh bah humbug.  Any leader would have done the same. 

Except... we actually have evidence that proves otherwise.  Taiwan, South Korea and Singapore took it more seriously and have all been far more successful in containing it as a result.

• Like 1

The travel ban imposed on China was in January. The left and media response was, he was a racist. Easy to check.

2 minutes ago, KARNUT said:

The travel ban imposed on China was in January. The left and media response was, he was a racist. Easy to check.

Right, I remember that "Mission Accomplished" moment.  And then what?

• Like 1