Coronavirus

KARNUT

I was just listening to Rush Limbaugh broadcasts from yesterday while walking this morning. Like I said I listen and read everything. I want to be informed. He’s heard the people who created the stats that’s being relied on don’t want their names published. Probably work at those think tanks mentioned earlier. They are perplexed and wonder why their numbers are being used. This cat five storm we’re in the mist of is looking like it’s going to be downgraded. Yes, yes, I know people are dying. It’s a tragedy. So is a depression.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Grumpy’s CV statistics are just as pointless as his MPG threads. He believes everything he reads online. And if you go against him, your an IDIOIT. He’s just old and stubborn. Don’t waste your time arguing with a 90 year old.

I have no problem with his input. His fuel mileage numbers work for him and that’s cool. I wouldn’t want to be stuck behind him, though. Like most events that we experience everything gets overblown to the extreme. This event will probably start to ease in about a week. The numbers will be adjusted way down. The affected numbers will go way up. The next crisis will be what we are left with.

All I want is to get a haircut again don’t want it to
Come to this [emoji15]

b85bc1bd80387ae95d50cb87ce9754d3.jpg

Ryan B.

I’m experimenting with trimming my own. I hate hair on my ears. I have curls in the back. I’m trying for a man bun. Just to see the look on my kids, especially my grandkids face.

If I wasn’t married I’d want to get it and get it over with in my own controlled environment. We’re all going to get it eventually. If they make some kind of mitigation for it great. They’re usually 19-40 percent effective.

You guys be nice to Grumps.
His years of wisdom outweigh your ignorance.

Can’t escape reality, stay tuned. If I’m wrong I’ll admit it. I’m confident I wouldn’t be. I’m experienced too.

1 hour ago, KARNUT said:

I was just listening to Rush Limbaugh broadcasts from yesterday while walking this morning. Like I said I listen and read everything. I want to be informed. He’s heard the people who created the stats that’s being relied on don’t want their names published. Probably work at those think tanks mentioned earlier. They are perplexed and wonder why their numbers are being used. This cat five storm we’re in the mist of is looking like it’s going to be downgraded. Yes, yes, I know people are dying. It’s a tragedy. So is a depression.

I get it.  

The CDC is wrong. 

The WHO is wrong. 

The European Center for Disease Prevention and Control is wrong. 

The state and national government health departments are wrong. 

The DXY, one of the world’s largest online communities for physicians, health care professionals, pharmacies and facilities is wrong. 

The Government is lying.

The stats are wrong. Several Universities are wrong that crunch those numbers... https://geodacenter.github.io/covid/index.html

The morgue is wrong as are the refrigerator truck loads of bodies.

It's a Chinese conspiracy to control the herds. 

So who isn't wrong?

Rush Limbaugh and his unnamed sources.

30 other radio talk show host.

Anyone who agrees with peoples fears and needs.

YouTube

Same types of people that died during 1918 and the 1347 onward plague.

People without names or accountability 

I didn't engage you to call you an idiot. I did so because I believed you could be convinced. Because I found you to be reasonable and rational. (normally) Because I actually do care and worry about others well being and life. Because I see my friends and family in healthcare scared out of their minds. Yea those with boots on the ground watching the dead and dying.

I was wrong about that too.  

I'm going back to truck things. Keep your head down and BE SAFE. 

• Like 1

So I have run ventilators for over a quarter of a century as an RRT-ACCS. The second I heard 30k ventilators needed in NY, I called bullshit. You dont just attach someone, and move on - you need someone to manage it, and I rarely run more than 5 at a time (12 once during tornado outbreak), as there are active things that must be done. A large urban hospital may have 60, and only need to rent more on very rare occasions (17-18 flu season). Cuomo still hasnt even exhausted his state supply, let alone tapped the donations. This isnt polio, where someone completely relies on it indefinitely - they generally recover or pass away. It happens in a week or so, then a ventilator becomes available. Dallas has a count - look up dallas mayor ventilator count. The numbers are much less than you think...

If someone has stage 4 cancer, the flu, and another virus, it makes no sense to prolong death; it is important to understand this. So many times people leave a loved on on a ventilator until they die when there is zero chance to recover, and they are in constant pain. Infections pile up when death nears, and the body gives out. People die - some FROM covid, while many more WITH covid. Tracked every year, we could find that years nasty cold (human metapneumovirus, adenovirus, coronavirus) in many flu deaths (flu + cold is worse than flu alone). The patients we are seeing now look like the ones we see every year who are at the end of life (copd, obese, cancer, hiv, als, etc.), and this puts them over the edge. Plus, we ALWAYS see a few normally healthy patients who die unexpectantly from what seems a minor infection (the news combs for these now). ALL THESE DEATHS WERE MORE THAN LIKELY TO HAPPEN COVID19 OR NOT...

Our hospitals are empty as we 'keep our powder dry' for this, and we are losing money as the supposed peak keeps on getting pushed back. Heart surgeries are being delayed as are other important procedures. This virus hit travellers and healthcare workers months ago before we tested, yet the projections act as if it just arrived with the 1st cases in WA and CA. By then it was well circulated in the US population. The numbers will be revised in the next year, and the pattern will be the same: the more blue the state, the higher the panic. The real risk of this - even for elderly, is low; only 1 in 1000 sick people get bad enough to seek hospital care (I dont ever even go to urgent care as waiting rooms are covered with other infections). That is where these numbers start, not the ones you see on cnn. Remember that physicians are sued all the time, so they wont break with what the state is sending out. We need to get back to work and make sure people who are sick stay at home from now on (and mask when they must leave the house). Wash your hands often. The next big thing will be which party did more to save you before the elections...

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

So I have run ventilators for over a quarter of a century as an RRT-ACCS. The second I heard 30k ventilators needed in NY, I called bullshit. You dont just attach someone, and move on - you need someone to manage it, and I rarely run more than 5 at a time (12 once during tornado outbreak), as there are active things that must be done. A large urban hospital may have 60, and only need to rent more on very rare occasions (17-18 flu season). Cuomo still hasnt even exhausted his state supply, let alone tapped the donations. This isnt polio, where someone completely relies on it indefinitely - they generally recover or pass away. It happens in a week or so, then a ventilator becomes available. Dallas has a count - look up dallas mayor ventilator count. The numbers are much less than you think...

If someone has stage 4 cancer, the flu, and another virus, it makes no sense to prolong death; it is important to understand this. So many times people leave a loved on on a ventilator until they die when there is zero chance to recover, and they are in constant pain. Infections pile up when death nears, and the body gives out. People die - some FROM covid, while many more WITH covid. Tracked every year, we could find that years nasty cold (human metapneumovirus, adenovirus, coronavirus) in many flu deaths (flu + cold is worse than flu alone). The patients we are seeing now look like the ones we see every year who are at the end of life (copd, obese, cancer, hiv, als, etc.), and this puts them over the edge. Plus, we ALWAYS see a few normally healthy patients who die unexpectantly from what seems a minor infection (the news combs for these now). ALL THESE DEATHS WERE MORE THAN LIKELY TO HAPPEN COVID19 OR NOT...

Our hospitals are empty as we 'keep our powder dry' for this, and we are losing money as the supposed peak keeps on getting pushed back. Heart surgeries are being delayed as are other important procedures. This virus hit travellers and healthcare workers months ago before we tested, yet the projections act as if it just arrived with the 1st cases in WA and CA. By then it was well circulated in the US population. The numbers will be revised in the next year, and the pattern will be the same: the more blue the state, the higher the panic. The real risk of this - even for elderly, is low; only 1 in 1000 sick people get bad enough to seek hospital care (I dont ever even go to urgent care as waiting rooms are covered with other infections). That is where these numbers start, not the ones you see on cnn. Remember that physicians are sued all the time, so they wont break with what the state is sending out. We need to get back to work and make sure people who are sick stay at home from now on (and mask when they must leave the house). Wash your hands often. The next big thing will be which party did more to save you before the elections...

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

I read about this too. I was getting enough blow back from pointing out the WHO was wrong in the beginning. Dr. Fauci said no problem for us in the beginning. Now total reversal. Don’t need mask, do need mask. That was a no brainer, of course mask helps. First responders needed them first. We are going to have to learn to function with this. Once we venture out more will get the bug, like any other. H1-N1 is still here 100 years later. We’ll find a new normal, we have to.

33 minutes ago, Grumpy Bear said:

I'm going back to truck things.

Grumpy Bear - looking at your previous comments on this thread, you'll get this message.  "Karnut's head is at the top of this thread, you have to render unto Karnut things that is his.  Being satisfied with that, you move on".  We have to be prepared when we sometimes get what we ask for.

• Like 1

Grumpy Bear - looking at your previous comments on this thread, you'll get this message.  "Karnut's head is at the top of this thread, you have to render unto Karnut things that is his.  Being satisfied with that, you move on".  We have to be prepared when we sometimes get what we ask for.

This was meant to be a information thread. It would be dishonest not to point out the information that was wrong in the beginning. I don’t care WHO it was. I don’t think anyone believed anything out of China. Most anyway. Even the president main Dr said nothing to fear in the beginning. A week later he tells the president to close the boarder, and he did. This is something new, a moving target. We are betting our financial heath on it. That will also result in deaths. Then came a few days ago 150-250k deaths in the U.S. We’re not there globally yet. Some are at or near peek as recently reported. New York the epicenter is near peak. The think tank people who claimed what our death rate would be are pulling back. That produced another run on stores locally anyway. Probably nationally. They should be a little more responsible.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, CamGTP said:

Anyone that believes the China numbers is being a fool if you ask me. You have multiple countries that question their numbers from all the data reports. There were even articles out of China about a huge surge in urn deliveries around Wuhan, China just last week.

In a population as big as China every survey is probably give or take a million!

Plus I just have to say that if the WHO has anything to do with the UN or European countries then they are top heavy with egos and Bullshit information!

That being said, From what we have seen here in Canada, This is going to be way worst than what we are being told IMO. 

Edited by Likarok

7 hours ago, KARNUT said:

I was just listening to Rush Limbaugh broadcasts from yesterday while walking this morning. Like I said I listen and read everything. I want to be informed.

Listening and reading everything isn't really the best approach to learning or being accurately informed.  You have to filter and choose intelligent and accurate sources if you intend to become more intelligent yourself.  If you don't filter your inputs then you're just opening yourself up to worthless noise and missing out on real opportunities to learn and improve.  Because there are far more good sources than you would ever have time to experience in your life even if you never slept.

Rush Limbaugh... seriously?  You can do better.

• Like 2

Listening and reading everything isn't really the best approach to learning or being accurately informed.  You have to filter and choose intelligent and accurate sources if you intend to become more intelligent yourself.  If you don't filter your inputs then you're just opening yourself up to worthless noise and missing out on real opportunities to learn and improve.  Because there are far more good sources than you would ever have time to experience in your life even if you never slept.

Rush Limbaugh... seriously?  You can do better.

Yea I guess, me and about 20million other daily listeners. Intelligent. Let me see. I retired at 58 from a thriving family business. Still is even now. I hope to God I’m reading this right for all our sakes. I don’t have tendency to over react. I’m at my best under stress. Something it seems most people aren’t good at. In about 2 weeks we’ll all see how this going to shake out I believe. A great big over reacting.