Ryguy’s build thread

Ryguy

I get a lot of questions and messages about my truck and a few members asked why I don’t have a build thread, so I’ll list all my mods and pics in here for everyone’s viewing pleasure.

My goal with this truck is to keep it clean and practical but do somethings that are totally unique and custom. It’s my daily so it’s mostly used on road but we go on family camping trips when we can so it’ll have an overland style to it. I’m in construction so I’ll be adding a few things to help with tool storage as well. 

Here’s how she currently sits...

D94B7764-8DD4-4C43-8B90-2DCAFA1227D9.jpeg

AEBD2EDF-72F2-4AF2-ADE4-653E5C8DE528.jpeg

Edited by Ryguy
  • Like 1

2019 TB Custom 

5.3 6 speed 

Current mods: 

Entire truck de-badged 
Katzkin leather interior black with white stitching

Flowmaster fx catback exhaust 
Go rhino running boards

Sealight led high and low beam headlight bulbs 
Ridged SAE led fog lights 

Atturo trail blade mt 35/12.5/18

1.25 “ wheel spacers 

Black extended wheel locks 

Eibach Pro truck struts and springs 

Here is me and my truck when I drove it home from the dealer bone stock: 

C3274688-E2DC-4EDA-98D8-0AFEB45D8FF2.jpeg

Edited by Ryguy
Update
  • Like 1

What modifications did you have to make to get the wheel spacers to fit without rubbing?

I want 1.25" spacers on mine with the stock 20" LTZ wheels and 275/69R20 tires.  I've got TrailBoss lift with extra 1.5" leveling up front.  I've been told spacers will work but when I turn the wheels and look at how close the tires come to the fender/mudflap, I see no way they'll work without some serious modification.

Edited by lapoolboy

I removed the mud flaps trimmed a bunch off the inside of them and removed the bracket that pushes them out. Then I just started trimming the fender liner. Before I lifted the front I was rubbing on the inside of the front liner so I trimmed where the tires were hitting, the more i drive it the more I trimmed until it stoped rubbing even at full lock forward and reverse with flex. You have to be able to take a knife to the truck to make it all work but if you cut clean lines and smooth out the trimming of the mud flaps it looks factory. 

Now that the front is lifted a bit and the trimming of the fender liner I could try to stuff 37 (36.5) tires in there but I’m sticking with 35x12.5 and going to 17’s. 

Thanks. I didn’t re-gear. The tires probably hurt my mileage due to rotational mass. I’ve had them on since 250 miles so I don’t have anything to compare. I live in hilly country road territory so my truck averages right below 15mpg right now. I don’t think it needs a regear the 5.3 has plenty of power for a truck imo. 

13 hours ago, Chrisj4 said:

One of these days I'm gonna finally work up the nerve to pop this grille out and put my flashing in, I love the look you have on your's...

Do it! If you Don’t like it you can always change up the color or even take it out. Thanks!

9 hours ago, Kableguy said:

With the wheel spacers did you have to trim the wheel studs or get shorter studs? Can you provide details on how those installed? Also, what brand did you use?

No need to trim because the stock wheels have openings between the stud holes on the backside of the wheels. The spacers come with studs installed so putting them on is simple. Take off the wheel, add the spacer with the nuts and a lil lock tight, put your wheel back on and enjoy the new stance. I forgot to mention I’m using black wheel locks because the chrome ones were to bing.

I run these hub centric  spacers, haven’t had any issues so far. I went 1.25 because it puts the edge of the tire right inside the fender. 

https://www.4wheelparts.com/p/g2-6-on-5-5-bolt-pattern-with-1-25-wheel-spacers-black-93-83-125t/_/R-FCNB-93-83-125T?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI0O22kKSn6AIVhKDsCh15YQkPEAQYASABEgL6aPD_BwE&ecmp=s:google_1749764047_67406058414__aud-320825496947:pla-668137088306_G2 Axle and Gear_G/293-83-125T_base_US&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=shopping&emlprox=out&ppcfon=1&gp=1&ef_id=EAIaIQobChMI0O22kKSn6AIVhKDsCh15YQkPEAQYASABEgL6aPD_BwE:G:s&s_kwcid=AL!7836!3!340663058860!!!g!668137088306!&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=SC Shopping - NTM Mobile&ecmp=s:google_1749764047_67406058414__aud-320825496947:pla-668137088306

5 hours ago, MTBR said:

Looking good! Thanks again for the help on mine.

Thanks man! How’s the new tire set up, you start trimming stuff yet? 

My new wheels and tires are sitting at the shop but I can’t get them installed because everything is closed where I live. So the build is on hold right now. 

On 3/19/2020 at 2:49 PM, Ryguy said:

Thanks man! How’s the new tire set up, you start trimming stuff yet? 

My new wheels and tires are sitting at the shop but I can’t get them installed because everything is closed where I live. So the build is on hold right now. 

Loving it. I installed the 1.25" BORA spacers, removed all the mud/aero flaps, removed the liner brackets, and used some self tapping screws to pin back the liner. Just the slightest kiss on the liner at full lock.

Also installed the Rough Country in-line speedo converter. 

Got my eye on those Eibachs now...