Black or Chrome piece on the hood in front of the scoop

• 2 weeks later...

Guys - looking to do the same on my black SLT.  So you posted the black hood trim piece - thank you.  What about the black trim piece that goes around the other 3 sides of the grill?  mine is chrome but if you know that part # I'd was hoping you could share it and any info on the install??? 

thanks

Brian

Guys - looking to do the same on my black SLT.  So you posted the black hood trim piece - thank you.  What about the black trim piece that goes around the other 3 sides of the grill?  mine is chrome but if you know that part # I'd was hoping you could share it and any info on the install??? 
thanks
Brian
Unfortunately, You will need to buy the whole at-4 grille assembly. That trim price can't be bought separately. Then you will need to swap the trim from one grille to the other if you want to maintain the slt grill or just go with the at4 grill.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

4 minutes ago, cpap said:

Unfortunately, You will need to buy the whole at-4 grille assembly. That trim price can't be bought separately. Then you will need to swap the trim from one grille to the other if you want to maintain the slt grill or just go with the at4 grill.

ok - well I was willing to try the SLT grill with the AT4 trim piece - but if I have to order it all together I can live with that - lol.   I may have missed it - but what is the part # for the whole grill assembly? Appreciate the help!

ok - well I was willing to try the SLT grill with the AT4 trim piece - but if I have to order it all together I can live with that - lol.   I may have missed it - but what is the part # for the whole grill assembly? Appreciate the help!
The at4 grille part number is 84656389

Good luck. It's going to looks great!

On 3/23/2020 at 3:34 PM, cpap said:

I had the nose you speak of painted as well as the grille trim and door handles all for $500. I couldnt find the proper color match wrap for mine. I ended up buying those parts in black for a better paint job. Chrome doesn't paint too well. I can dig up the hood nose part number if needed. If yours is black, and is going to be painted, I wouldn't waste your money buying another. Just remove it and have it painted by another shop that's way more reasonable. It's easy to remove and will only be off the truck for a day. f956a6f854cc1b32592302dd16dca933.jpg

do you know if that lower piece is a separate part of the grill? so can it be taken off and painted rather than masking the grill?

do you know if that lower piece is a separate part of the grill? so can it be taken off and painted rather than masking the grill?
If you mean the piece that's on the sides and below the grille, yes. You need to pull the grille off and then disconnect that piece from the rest of the grille. There are clips on the back of the grille that connect the two together.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, cpap said:

If you mean the piece that's on the sides and below the grille, yes. You need to pull the grille off and then disconnect that piece from the rest of the grille. There are clips on the back of the grille that connect the two together.

good because i am thinking about doing a vinyl wrap on that piece and possibly border around the inner grill parts with the holes. i think ill leave just the face of the grill holes chrome because it may be a real challenge to wrap the entire front of the grill and poke out all the holes to cover the entire thing. i have a black headlight tint vinyl that is a little like clear bra that may hold up better to stones, and it will give the front of the truck a black chrome look on black paint should look pretty snazzy

On 3/25/2020 at 10:10 AM, cpap said:

The part numbers are as follow:

84686648 - Hood Nose Molding

13526767 - handle kit  - quantity 2

13526766 - handle kit  - quantity 2

84496227 - Handle bezel with key hole - Quantity 1

84496193 - Handle bezel - Quantity 3

The hood nose is black and the handles are primed and ready for paint.

Thanks for posting the part numbers on this - I ordered the hood nose molding this morning.

I was recently talking with my friend who is a painter and he's going to be painting this for me in Dark Sky Metallic.

• 10 months later...
On 3/25/2020 at 11:10 AM, cpap said:

The part numbers are as follow:

84686648 - Hood Nose Molding

13526767 - handle kit  - quantity 2

13526766 - handle kit  - quantity 2

84496227 - Handle bezel with key hole - Quantity 1

84496193 - Handle bezel - Quantity 3

The hood nose is black and the handles are primed and ready for paint.

Unfortunately, you need to buy the whole handle kit. It would be nice if they just offered the covers only. When installing, just pop the old covers off, and snap on the newly painted covers. In order to replace the entire handle, you would need to remove the interior door panels to get to the plug. That's why I suggest installing the new covers over the existing handle housing. 

On the hood nose piece - 84686648 what color black is it? can i just order that part and install it and my truck be good to go. I have a 21 Denali Hd and mine is chrome i wondered if the black one is already painted like the ones on the AT4? Im pretty sure the ones on the at4 are painted onyx black.