6 speed downshifting

I have a 2018 silverado 5.3 6 speed with 31,000 miles. While driving I will let off the throttle to coast before I use my brakes. I can feel the transmission down shifting and I can watch my RPM's go up with each downshift. It feels like downshifting with a manual transmission I was just wondering if it's a normal thing.

6 minutes ago, Mknipp said:

I have a 2018 silverado 5.3 6 speed with 31,000 miles. While driving I will let off the throttle to coast before I use my brakes. I can feel the transmission down shifting and I can watch my RPM's go up with each downshift. It feels like downshifting with a manual transmission I was just wondering if it's a normal thing.

Yes. Normal. 

Try putting it in tow haul and the downshifts are a little more aggressive IMO.

On 3/22/2020 at 10:05 PM, Mknipp said:

Yep, normal.  Why wait?  BlackBear tune is not detectable by dealer.

A dealership can see the flash counter if they wanted too. It doesn't matter if it was HP Tuners, EFI live or something else. They can't see what exactly was changed but something is shown when the computer is written.

On 3/22/2020 at 7:05 PM, Mknipp said:

Get over it, it’s a truck !