Which catch can to get?

On 3/25/2020 at 10:08 PM, Slvijoe said:

Ruien 0046 Polish Baffled Universal Aluminum Oil Catch Can Reservoir Tank Black https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06XK9PTP7/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_s5aFEbGD2ACQP

I have the exact same catch can, works great!

I've had it for about two years now, not one single issue and it's catching lots of oil. Quality product. I'm not saying it's "as good" as a $200 hundred dollar catch can, but this thing doesn't act, look or feel like a $25 dollar piece of equipment. 

try switch to a 5w-30 oil first and see if this stops the oil consumption.  after this go the cheap  route on the catch can and see if it works for you. 

after  the engine broke in on my truck I switched to 5-30 oil at 35000 miles and the catch can has stopped picking up oil from the pcv line. everything looks good now

Edited by flyingfool

10 hours ago, flyingfool said:

try switch to a 5w-30 oil first and see if this stops the oil consumption.  after this go the cheap  route on the catch can and see if it works for you. 

after  the engine broke in on my truck I switched to 5-30 oil at 35000 miles and the catch can has stopped picking up oil from the pcv line. everything looks good now

Intersting..... maybe after my warranty is up