Rebuilt transmission problem

I purchased myb14 silverado in december 25 2019.it has a 3 year warranty. I have a problem with 1-2 shifting wrong. It almost gives you whiplash. I have had it updated 2 times and what I do it goes away for a bit then returns. When I did the diablo can tune it made it worse.i have tried taking it to the dealer I got it from. They have a hard time recreating the problem. I was told it has to learn my stile of driving. This does not seem right. Am I wrong. What should I do.

9 hours ago, Conivan said:

I purchased myb14 silverado in december 25 2019.it has a 3 year warranty. I have a problem with 1-2 shifting wrong. It almost gives you whiplash. I have had it updated 2 times and what I do it goes away for a bit then returns. When I did the diablo can tune it made it worse.i have tried taking it to the dealer I got it from. They have a hard time recreating the problem. I was told it has to learn my stile of driving. This does not seem right. Am I wrong. What should I do.

I would say a canned tune was a bad idea, (well obviously now)

that’s just going to increase your shift pressures

I’ve never heard of a hard 1-2 shift while accelerating. I would get a custom tune where they can actually decrease the shift pressure on the 1-2.

Edited by truckguy82
  • Thanks 1

Most rebuilds, AAMCO, local shops replace worn parts only. Usually clutch packs and seals. That's the standard fee for a swap out. If your trans needs more parts it costs more.

A GM re-manufactured trans bought from a dealer is brought back to new specs. Costs more.Better warranty. 

I would do a fluid, filter change to a quality fluid like Amsoil first. Or Mobil 1.

:)

Edited by diyer2
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I will be doing a custom tune and doing the filter and oil change. Would ac delco be better than Amsoil? Or would mobil 1 full synthetic be best? I have read that theres a new full synthetic for this transmissions

17 hours ago, Conivan said:

I will be doing a custom tune and doing the filter and oil change. Would ac delco be better than Amsoil? Or would mobil 1 full synthetic be best? I have read that theres a new full synthetic for this transmissions

AMSOIL would be my choice of course.  If you are interested in getting the fluid exchanged let me know in a PM and I can send a quote on how much it would cost delivered to your door. 

So it doesn't act like this all the time, right? Your dealer can't replicate it? Is this something is does during the warm up and then is okay once warm? Can't you tickle it into this behavior and if so how? Oh and its this a six speed or eight speed? More information please.

Edited by Grumpy Bear