Dealer trades

So I got my dealer to get ahold of the dealer that has the truck I'm gonna settle on....they said they weren't sure about being able to do dealer trades right now cause of the covid lock down

Anyone confirm a dealer trade in the last week or so

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

49 minutes ago, mkeddie said:

So I got my dealer to get ahold of the dealer that has the truck I'm gonna settle on....they said they weren't sure about being able to do dealer trades right now cause of the covid lock down

Anyone confirm a dealer trade in the last week or so

If your dealer balks, contact the other lot and see if they will deliver the truck to you.

They are offering this service in Washington state right now, everything done online, they bring the car to you, then take your trade and go on their way.

I just did a dealer trade with mine last Thursday (2020 GMC AT4 Duramax). They had problems with some of the other dealers answering calls but finally located one and made the deal.
Thanks that's what I was looking for [emoji106]

in southern California dealer trade are very low.....very low

2 weeks ago it was 30k for mine and last few days it dropped to 28k....2019 RST dbl cab 4x4....I contacted 3 car buying facilities and 5 dealers they were in same ballpark...I said screw it ill wait awhile

14 hours ago, Dunn said:

2 weeks ago it was 30k for mine and last few days it dropped to 28k....2019 RST dbl cab 4x4....I contacted 3 car buying facilities and 5 dealers they were in same ballpark...I said screw it ill wait awhile

The OP is asking about a dealer trade, not a trade-in.  A dealer trade happens when your local dealer doesn't have the new vehicle you want but a different dealer does.  The two dealers trade inventory so that the vehicle you want is sent to your dealer.

As for trade-ins being low right now... the used car market is tanking due to the pandemic - see here:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-04-13/fear-of-an-impending-car-price-collapse-grips-the-auto-industry

Wrong trade I mean dealer to dealer
But that sucks there is gonna be alot of repo cars in the market so I think prices are gonna keep dropping for a while

• 2 weeks later...