Odor from Vents-L5P

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/22/2020 at 4:44 PM, redwngr said:

Moldy smell or rotten food smell or diesel fuel smell or burned diesel smell or.....?

Or “body odor,” like the OP said.

To the OP- have you changed your cabin air filter yet?

• Like 1

Check for leaks in the front foot wells near the firewall in the corners near the doors.  The sunroof drain pipes come down the A pillars on both sides and exit through grommets on the firewall just below the windshield.  The grommet on my passenger side pulled out of the firewall and water leaked down.  You should rule out a water leak.  

Pull the kick panels / thresholds off so you can slide your hand between the carpet and padding and also under the padding.  First work up the thresholds with a nylon tool - there are a series of plastic pins that snap into a housing on the floor.  Start at the rear most seam and work forward.  Once the threshold is loosened, just pull straight back on the kick panel portion of the trim and it will come un-clipped.  

Do you live in a high humidity area?  When I did, I had something similar to this service performed and it helped. 

https://www.bgprod.com/services/climate-control/

That would be my bet. Turn the ac on full blast and have it on fresh air. Then spray a bleach and water mix in the vents in the cowl of the truck. That will kill the mold. For now on makes sure you turn your ac off a little ways from your destination, but keep the fan on. That way the condenser has a chance to dry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk