Brand new 2020 Custom Crew Cab short bed with 2.7 owner. Think the engine is still "breaking in as it still has less than 200 miles after a couple of days. 

I am seeing right at 20 in hilly "city" driving in north GA. I got 24.6 mpg driving it home from the dealership I bought it from on Thorton Road on 285/75 in Atlanta.

The price was a steal in my opinion. Came with a tow package (might tow a small ski boat one day but the tow total is only 6750 so probably not towing anything else). Also came with differential and a couple of other options. I paid $28500 before TAVT in GA. 

So far driving experience has been awesome. When I first got in the truck I had to turn onto a very busy street and had to punch it. Was immediately shocked by the power of the little engine that could. Has a neat sound to it in my opinion. Love the v8 sound but think I would get tired of it after a while. The little 4 cyl and the turbo sounds pretty cool to me. 

My last Chevy Silverado was a 2000 model I bought brand new. My 2020 Custom is a huge huge step up. 

• Like 1

I am still truck less-it’s ridiculous. 60 days nearly. The dealers are just marking up the limited inventory they do have. I won’t do it unless the deal is good. ? Thanks for the input! I will keep you posted.

• Like 1

On 5/28/2020 at 5:14 PM, Brian Finn said:

How are the oil changes? Could I do them from home? The Youtube videos all have people who have lifts at home! ? Ok, this 2.7 uses plain old 5W30? Not even semi synthetic? My 10 year old Venza still uses the 5w30 although the year later it went to full synthetic. I tend not to stray from the manufacturer but I thought this engine would require synthetic. I know they have oil life monitors I get it but I was thinking of just using the synthetic. I wont use the 20,000 mile stuff since I have trust issues(even with a filter change) =. 

I'm surprised no one updated the info for you.

The recommended oil for the 2,7 is full synthetic.

2.7 uses Dexos1 gen2, which is full synthetic.

Specification
Use full synthetic engine oils that meet the dexos1 specification. 

Viscosity Grade

Use SAE 0W-20 viscosity grade engine oil for the 5.3L and 6.2L V8 engines. 

Use SAE 5W-30 viscosity grade engine oil for the 2.7L L4, 4.3L V6 and 6.6L V8 engines.

Cold Temperature Operation: In an area of extreme cold, where the temperature falls below −29 °C (−20 °F), use SAE 0W-30 oil.

An oil of this viscosity grade will provide easier cold starting for the engine at extremely low temperatures. 

There are lots of oils that meet the Dexos1Gen2 spec, in several viscosities.

https://www.gmdexos.com/brands/dexos1/index.html 

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/5/2020 at 10:59 AM, Brian Finn said:

I am still truck less-it’s ridiculous. 60 days nearly. The dealers are just marking up the limited inventory they do have. I won’t do it unless the deal is good. ? Thanks for the input! I will keep you posted.

I went with the 2020 2WD GMC Sierra SLE with the 2.7L in mid February.

I was able to out the door for $34,700.

It has the preferred package, convenience package, towing package, and 20 inch wheels with all seasons(275/60R20).

To compare it to the Silverado would be an LT with the all-star package and towing package.

I liked the styling of the Sierra over the Silverado.

I love the engine. I have 8,600 miles on it. Before the leveling kit and bigger tires, I average 24 mpg on the highway and 19 mpg in the city. After the modifications, 22 mpg highway and 18 mpg city.

I have done a lot of tinkering. 

I added:

aFe momentum gt intake

aFe downpipe

aFe scorcher tuner

Borla S-type exhaust

2 inch leveling kit

Added bigger tires Wrangler Trailrunner AT (275/65R20)