Good Afternoon everyone. So I traded in my Yota(Tundra) a few months back. I love trucks-but I  commute 80 miles a day but still need a family/life vehicle with decent gas mileage.  The 2.7 hits that niche. I have been doing a lot of research and I am not comparing a single turbo to Ford's EB. So to anyone with a 19/20 2.7 Crew my question is it a decent truck? I dont tow and it will be 2wd. I have seen some CPOs but Chevy wants a lot for them.  I dont see any crazy maintenance stuff either. The recalls for the wiring harness is the worst I have seen besides seat belts and airbags. I know the resale will be affected by a 4 banger but honestly,I dont mind. Thank you in advance. I tried to like Duramax but the cooling issues on top of price has be a bit shy to jump into that pool. Thanks again everyone. 

Ive got about 4000 miles on my 2.7T and I love it. Avg MPG (mostly city) is 21.5 with the AFE intake and was about 20.5 MPG prior to that. Plenty of pep/torque for acceleration/passing/entering freeways and overall a pleasure to drive. I don't tow with mine either and given it had more torque and power than the V6, and extra incentives to drive down the cost of a new truck it was a no brainer for me. 

I've had my 2020 Silverado since Christmas. I think the 2.7T is a nice engine but I'm not getting mileage as good as I thought it would be.

I recently took it on a 1000 mile road trip and got 20 mpg and a little better in traffic in Houston for three days.

Around my local town I'm getting 18 and that's it.

All in all I really like the truck . Plenty of get up ad go and I wouldn't be afraid to tow something either.

• Like 1

Dude...  go with the Duramax.   Awesome mileage - better than the 2.7L and not running at its "max" ever compared to the 2.7L.

And even though you dont care, you'll have resale value.

• Haha 1

Thanks guys. The Duramax is too expensive. The AFE intake cost how much?  Ironic I could not top 18 with my Tundra lol. Have a great weekend. If I could find a Duramax under 35k out the door crew I’d consider it. How much is the oil and fuel filters running people for the Duramax?

Have you guys noticed that anytime we 2.7T owners start talking about our truck some dude pops up telling us we should have got a diesel?

What's up with that?

If I had wanted a diesel I would have got one.

I've had plenty of them and now I'm happy with my baby 4 banger. Especially when I have to do service. A whole lot cheaper!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

lol thanks grandpa1. Can I ask what you paid for the truck (Approx is ok) I’m assuming diesel service is more... lol I saw people complaining about 0w20 oil for the Duramax  lol my tundra did 10k intervals no problem with it. I get diesel is different as the fuel also lubricates and diesel oil is filthy even after 1000’miles. I changed the oil at 9500 miles and it was always fine. I will assume the 2.7 is 7500? T y again 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Grandpa1 said:

Have you guys noticed that anytime we 2.7T owners start talking about our truck some dude pops up telling us we should have got a diesel?

What's up with that?

If I had wanted a diesel I would have got one.

I've had plenty of them and now I'm happy with my baby 4 banger. Especially when I have to do service. A whole lot cheaper!

LMAO ....  Someone so concerned about buying a 2.7 to post on a forum should expect HONEST opinions....

2 hours ago, steve841 said:

LMAO ....  Someone so concerned about buying a 2.7 to post on a forum should expect HONEST opinions....

What do you know about a 2.7 that your opinion should be listened to?

Do you own one?

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Brian Finn said:

lol thanks grandpa1. Can I ask what you paid for the truck (Approx is ok) I’m assuming diesel service is more... lol I saw people complaining about 0w20 oil for the Duramax  lol my tundra did 10k intervals no problem with it. I get diesel is different as the fuel also lubricates and diesel oil is filthy even after 1000’miles. I changed the oil at 9500 miles and it was always fine. I will assume the 2.7 is 7500? T y again 

I traded in my 2014 Silverado with a 5.3 on the 2020. I paid right around 15,000 difference so it comes to about 32,000 total price I think..

My 2020 is loaded with leather and everything.

I got away from diesels back in 2014 after having them for 30 years.and the cost of oil and service is a whole lot cheaper for the gas engines. I do all my own service and it's a lot cleaner too!

I change the oil when the computer tells me too. 6 quarts of 5W30 Dexos from Walmart. The filter is a pain to find but I think the 3.0 diesel engine uses the same one.

Regular gas is a lot cheaper than diesel and the additive needed. One less thing to have to worry about is buying the diesel additive.

Diesels served me well when I needed them but I don't need them anymore.

Good luck!

30 minutes ago, Grandpa1 said:

What do you know about a 2.7 that your opinion should be listened to?

Do you own one?

Did you read what I wrote?  I never said I had experience with a  2.7.  I gave my opinion. 

Not to mention most reviews of the 2.7 aren't very flattering.  

• Haha 1