No I read about the 8 speed transmission issues. That’s what’s scary.... I keep my vehicles for 100k miles or so. Ugh. I don’t buy the first year of anything so it’d be a 2020 but it’ll come down to price. The Ford eco boost or this. I’ll let you know. California is making this difficult during the pandemic.

On 4/19/2020 at 3:29 PM, Grandpa1 said:

Have you guys noticed that anytime we 2.7T owners start talking about our truck some dude pops up telling us we should have got a diesel?

What's up with that?

If I had wanted a diesel I would have got one.

I've had plenty of them and now I'm happy with my baby 4 banger. Especially when I have to do service. A whole lot cheaper!

If I had of went new, was going to get the 2.7, but scored a sweet deal on my truck.

Modern diesels are not worth it, unless you are constantly working it.  Too much emissions bs to make them worth the $$.

Well it’s taking longer because some car dealerships are essential and others aren’t...? I’m using a broker and Chevy isn’t really dealing too much actually... It’s now May so normally a good month to buy but we will see. ?

The shudder issue doesn’t seem to be an issue in 2020 with the new ATF but they’ve making the 8 speed for a while...guess that’s where I’m like ugh. I’m going to put away $100 a month to make sure I self warranty the truck. ? If I don’t need it then in 5 years I got a trade in and a decent down payment! Only down side is the 20k a year I do. It’s 90% highway so it’s not as tough on the engine and my youthful days of wanna be racing are gone! 

• Like 1

On 4/22/2020 at 7:16 PM, Ricomtzjr said:

I bought my 2019 new back in October. I now have 16K miles on it. Didn’t know if I had made a mistake by not going with the 5.3.

After the time I have spent with it, I have towed a 3400 lb car on a uhaul auto transport. Needless to say, the 2.7 was more than capable. I averaged 13-14 on a 3 hour trip driving 60-70 mph on tow/haul mode on the interstate. I can get 22 mpg @ 70-80 mph when driving without a payload. If I keep it at 60-65, I can push 24. City driving I can get 20-21 depending on traffic. Uber puts my truck though a mixture of hwy/cty/idling; when I Uber, I’ll get 17-19 due to longer idling periods.

All in all, I don’t have any regrets. It meets my needs and I don’t have to pay the premiums for the V8 or a baby Duramax. 

I bought one a couple of months ago but due to COVID I've only gotten about 1800 miles on it. With that said, my experience has been almost identical to Ricomtzjr's sans Ubering. I picked up the boat from back home last weekend, 90 miles away, and averaged just shy of 16mpg. I averaged 23.8 on the way there largely driving state 2 lane highway at ~65mpg. 

My lifetime average right now is only about 19 but that's due to my terrible driving habits. I'm working from home with the stay at home order so I rarely go anywhere further than a couple of miles with a couple of stoplights. Menards happens to be just shy of 2 miles away, so outside of those trips I'm just making very short, city like trips.  

With that said, the couple of months and random longer drives I've taken....I absolutely love this thing. It just drives so nicely with all that torque and still has plenty of pop when you need it. I came from 2 previous 5.3s and I genuinely like this thing more. The knocks that I've seen on reviews are that the MPG isn't what people think it's supposed to be. It seems like everyone assumes it should crank out 35mpg, but that's just not a reality. It does however pretty easily get 20% better than my 5.3s and will probably end up higher than that when all is said and done. The sound isn't an issue for me and I'm really growing to like the turbo spool ?

I "paid" $38k or so for mine but I'm leasing it. Took my equity out of my 2017 LTZ and decided I didn't want to watch my investment deteriorate anymore. 2020 RST with leather, was probably ~$5k cheaper than a comparably equipped 5.3 at the time. Which made it even more of a no brainer. 

On 4/19/2020 at 6:43 PM, steve841 said:

Did you read what I wrote?  I never said I had experience with a  2.7.  I gave my opinion. 

Not to mention most reviews of the 2.7 aren't very flattering.  

Thanks for your honest opinion from zero experience I guess? The title of the damn thread is "Real 2.7 Owners Input" so....looks like he's looking for that. 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, steve841 said:

Geeez, Im sorry if I hurt anyone's feelings by giving my opinion.  If you cant handle it, I suggest you stay off a public forum.

Ditto. You're welcome to give your uneducated opinion. We're also welcome to tell you exactly how ****ing stupid it is. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Well - have had mine for five weeks now (bought 3/28).  Just filled it up for the first time yesterday.  Went 348 miles and took 20.4 gallons.  Like someone mentioned above, I'm taking relatively short, 3-4 mile trips which of course eat in to the MPG of the truck.  Only have 355 miles on it...so, it's going to take a bit to rack them up under the current scenario of COVID-19...

But, aside from that, I do love it, and enjoy the turbo in it.  Plenty of power for my needs.

22 hours ago, 0REDSOX7 said:

But, aside from that, I do love it, and enjoy the turbo in it.  Plenty of power for my needs.

Same, on both. It wasn't that long ago that 1/2 ton pickups were getting like 14mpg and putting out like...mid 200s for hp and torque. I think the late 90s put out like 255hp and they were dogs. But hey...they had a V8!??

• Like 1