I remember my 2006 Silverado had a 4.8 V8 at 285hp and honestly I think got around 21 highway. Miss that V8. The truck didn’t have any other issues cept the AC. 

Edited by Brian Finn
  • Like 1

I remember by 2006 Silverado had a 4.8 V8 at 285hp and honestly I think got around 21 highway. Miss that V8. The truck didn’t have any other issues cept the AC. 
Yea, looks like the 4wd 2006 4.8 was rated at 14/18. 21 on a good day is probably reasonable.

Did you ever drive the 2.7?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I'm at 19ish lifetime doing mostly city.  real city, 45 min to drive 18 mi city.  I've had mine 14 months now / 9k mi , 2019LT 4x4 (non-Z71 with the adv tow ratio rear end), and it's been a solid vehicle but the 8spd does bang a gear at low speed every now and then.  No complaints for a truck but my wife's K2xx tahoe is better for family vehicle duties in every way with only 1 or 2 mpg worse.

Edited by zzrsouth
  • Like 1

I picked up a 2.7L 2020 1500 RST (Crew Cab / Short Bed) this weekend and so far it has been great!  First time truck owner but I  have always wanted one.  I was very hesitant about the 2.7L but after reading multiple forums, watching multiple videos, and test driving I decided to buck the trend and buy the 2.7L.  I am not disappointed at all and so far I am happy with the purchase.  For me the V8 would have been overkill and due to that the up charge was not worth it.  I am also impressed with the overall build of the truck,  Chevy makes a quality product. 

I been averaging around 21MPG and that is mix with city and highway, I love the MPG I use to have a Dodge Charger RT 5.7 and this truck does way better then that! Its perfect for the person that wants a truck but doesn't want to visit the gas station every 3-4 days! Overall I agree with most I have already put 3K miles on it no issues knock on wood! Pretty well built and quality all around! 

Good to hear. Still waiting on my broker. Since LA county has their collective head up their arse things have been a lot slower in the process. Hopefully in a few days I will have the new truck. 

3 hours ago, Brian Finn said:

Good to hear. Still waiting on my broker. Since LA county has their collective head up their arse things have been a lot slower in the process. Hopefully in a few days I will have the new truck. 

Good luck! :)

• 2 weeks later...
59 minutes ago, Brian Finn said:

Still waiting... I did test drive the 2.7 though. Took some getting used to. ?  It wasn’t life changing but wasn’t a deal breaker. 

**Disclaimer**
I don’t have a 2.7 nor have I driven one. 

When the engine was first announced and I watched some YouTube videos on it I was very excited to about it. Loved seeing where the HP and TQ curves were. Then I started comparing numbers to the 2.7 EB and I was a little disappointed. I can’t even remember what they were but I remember the EBs were better. Then when I saw TFL Truck do a 2.7 GM vs 2.7 EB comparison I was really bummed. The EB pretty much beat it in every test they did.

I’m not saying it isn’t a good motor because I bet it’s pretty good and I haven’t really heard of any issue pop up with the engine itself yet.   I just remember when GM was the top dog. 

However I was super impressed with the 2.7 doing the “super Ike” being fully maxed out and the time it made. 

Appreciate the feedback. One month of shopping and still nothing. The dealers are nervous about inventory but apparently they’ve restructured their loans so they aren’t paying as much to the banks(they don’t own much of their inventory...it’s expensive) so they don’t seem to care much about little old me. I was hoping it would be this week but Chevy isn’t moving. Don’t know what to say. I will keep you all posted. The test drive was fine. It’s a quite truck and the suspension was decent-better than my Tundra was. The lag was not bad but it was there-it’s physics but I suppose it’s something you get used to. Thanks again. 

• Like 1

Spize the two motors are very different. Ford’s 2.7 doesn’t compare at all and wasn’t designed to compete with it. Dual turbos,two extra cylinders and a 10 speed make it the upgraded engine choice. The Chevy 2.7 competes with the 3.3 from Ford and the 3.6 V6 from Ram. I’m wallet loyal not brand loyal. We will see. ?

Edited by Brian Finn
  • Like 1

Spize the two motors are very different. Ford’s 2.7 doesn’t compare at all and wasn’t designed to compete with it. Dual turbos,two extra cylinders and a 10 speed make it the upgraded engine choice. The Chevy 2.7 competes with the 3.3 from Ford and the 3.6 V6 from Ram. I’m wallet loyal not brand loyal. We will see. [emoji3]
Yea the ecoboost needs quite a bit higher revving to hit its torque numbers. I honestly think the 2.7 is designed to run similar to the 3.0 duramax. It's really torquey and it's essentially ready at idle.

As for the lag you really only notice it when you hammer on it but I never even think about it anymore. I've grown really fond of this motor actually. Hopefully you can get your hands on one sooner than later!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

How are the oil changes? Could I do them from home? The Youtube videos all have people who have lifts at home! ? Ok, this 2.7 uses plain old 5W30? Not even semi synthetic? My 10 year old Venza still uses the 5w30 although the year later it went to full synthetic. I tend not to stray from the manufacturer but I thought this engine would require synthetic. I know they have oil life monitors I get it but I was thinking of just using the synthetic. I wont use the 20,000 mile stuff since I have trust issues(even with a filter change) =.